Model Cars Magazine Forum

2006 Dodge Viper SRT-10

mrmike

My new project features the return of McNally, Boston PI. The story is only to show what is driving this project. All characters used in this story are not relationed to anyone living or deceased. The story is called Judicial Indiscretion.

The Story

He wakes up confused and groggy in a bed that is not his. He turns on the light beside him a sees the body of a woman he doesn't know with a broken neck. He jumps out of bed and searches for his clothes which are scattered all over the floor with the deceased woman's clothes. Once dressed, he looks out the door of what appears to be a motel and quietly closes the door behind him, goes over to the railing and looks below for his car...a red Viper. He hurries down the stairs from the second level and gets into his car which was parked below. He starts the Viper and drives out of the motel parking lot in a hurry, screeching his tires once out on the street.

The phone on McNally's bedstand rings at 6:30 AM and he tries to answer the call intelligently, "Whahhhmmmph..." McNally has only been asleep for about an hour after working all night chasing down a forgery suspect and then having to deal with the night detectives who seemed more interested in arresting McNally than the forgery suspect. "McNally, it's Charlie...wake up!" "Charlieee..." "McNally," she screams!!! "I'm awake, Charlie." "Good. Be at the courthouse at 8 AM, I've got a job for you!" "OK, I'll be there," he says as he hangs up the phone and drags himself out of bed and into the bathroom for a cold shower.

The Build

I am using Revell's Dodge Viper SRT-10 kit no. 85-2188.

Viper01.jpg

My paint will be Tamiya TS-49 Bright Red.

Viper02.jpg

Viper03.jpg

McNally will return...

Thanks Lee!

The Story

McNally is met in the courthouse lobby by attorney Charlotte "Charlie" Rothmann and is led to the chambers of Judge Augustus Darpolos. They are introduced to each other with McNally recognizing "Judge Viper" as he has become to be known. The Judge tells of his predicament of being at a motel in bed with a dead woman he didn't recognise. McNally asks the judge if he has a drinking problem and the judge says he doesn't, but he seems to be consuming more in the last several months since the passing of his wife. McNally says he'll take on the case and will try to keep the judge's name out of the investigation. If the Police discover the judge in their investigation, he'll do whatever he can to clear the judge of the crime. The judge is then persuaded to give a urine sample to see if the judge was drugged and the sample will be tested by an independent lab.

The Build

Engine assembly is underway.

Viper04.jpg

viper05.jpg

Some of the pieces I have been painting.

Viper06.jpg

The body has been washed and is drying. I'll primer the body and other pieces and then paint the body with Tamiya TS-49 Bright Red.

McNally will return...

Thanks Bob! And, his name is Augustus.

The Story

McNally drops off the urine sample with Bennie at Commonwealth Chemical Testing and then drives out to the Parklane Motel see what he could get from the Police at the scene. As he walks across the parking lot, he sees Adam Troy's detectives car and walks over to it. "Hey Adam." "Hi McNally, what are you doing here?" "Working. My client may have been here last night. Can I have a peek?" Adam says, "Who's your client?" "I can't tell you that." A voice behind them speaks up and says, "Let's take him downtown for some serious interrogation, Lieutenant." "Det. Darvell, I gave you this case with the hope that you'll want to make Sergeant someday. Back to work!" McNally says, "Lieutenant? You got promoted! Congrats!" Adam says, "Yeah, yeah. Come on, I'll take you upstairs."

The Build

I painted the body this afternoon with Tamiya TS-49 Bright Red.

Viper07.jpg

Viper08.jpg

Viper09.jpg

McNally will return...

• 2 weeks later...

The Story

Adam allows McNally into the motel room where the Crime Scene Unit was still busy at work collecting evidence and fingerprints. They knew the fingerprints would be useless due to the sheer number of prints that have collected over time. McNally takes mental notes of the room...blood stains, the clothes on the floor, the blood in the bathroom and on the towels...the room was an absolute mess. McNally asks about any witnesses or other victims and Adam says the body of a young woman was removed by the coroner 20 minutes ago and so far, no witnesses. According to the night clerk, the room was rented by the deceased, paid for in cash when she arrived as the passenger in a red sports car. McNally thinks that this might be a frame up if the Judge was telling him the truth.

The Build

I got the wheels and tires assembled this afternoon. I'll add a wash to the lug nuts and decals for the center caps.

Viper10.jpg

With the exception of the brakes, the chassis is complete.

Viper11.jpg

Viper12.jpg

McNally will return...

Thanks John! I seem to have a few McNally fans from several of the forums I belong to.

The Story

McNally leaves the motel and starts hunting for clues. He finds one of his informants who tells him of a drug cartel trying to get their leader out of jail. He returns to Boston Police Headquarters and the Police and the DEA refuse to tell him anything about the cartel, its leader, or about the deceased woman found at the motel. After striking out at Police HQ, he heads back out to the streets talking to his informants around Boston. He stops for lunch at a burger joint near home when his cellphone rings. He answers the call from a very shaken Judge Darpolos.

The Build

In order to give the brake rotors a more realistic look, I stripped them of their chrome plating using Easy Off Fume-Free Oven Cleaner.

Viper13.jpg

I painted the discs with Model Master Aluminium Metalizer and the caliphers with Testors Gloss Red enamel.

Viper14.jpg

After the paint has dried for several days, I finished them off with decals.

Viper15.jpg

McNally will return...

In order to give the brake rotors a more realistic look, I stripped them of their chrome plating using Easy Off Fume-Free Oven Cleaner.

How well does that stuff work? I saw it in the grocery store the other day and was tempted to buy it instead of the other but assumed it wouldn't work nearly as well.

Thanks guys!

Looking really good, Mike, but we know to expect nothing else from you.

I'll look forward to more updates once you're completely post-op.

Get well soon from myself and all of us at MassCar.

Charlie Larkin

Thanks Charlie and all of MASSCAR! While my surgery is a relatively simple procedure, I am getting a little anxious. I have much to do today so I will not be at the MASSCAR show. I wish you all a good show!

How well does that stuff work? I saw it in the grocery store the other day and was tempted to buy it instead of the other but assumed it wouldn't work nearly as well.

Easy Off Fume-Free works just as well as regular Easy Off. Just no awful fumes. The chrome was removed from the plastic in about 10 minutes.

The Story

The blackmailers were demanding the judge to preside over the case of the Commonwealth vs. Roberto Solaros which the judge couldn't do since the cases were assigned randomly by the court administrator. McNally tells the judge to remain calm and go through the rest of the day as if nothing has happened. Now, McNally has a name to go on and there will be nothing to stop him now. He returns to Boston Police Headquarters to see what he can get from the Police now that he has a name and hopefully they will be a little more forthcoming. All Lt. Det. Adam Troy would tell him is that the DA, the State Police, and the DEA were not releasing any information to anyone.

The Build

I got most of the interior pieces painted with Tamiya TS-29 Semi-Gloss Black.

Viper16.jpg

I also painted the boot cover and the up-top.

Viper17.jpg

While that was drying, I finished assembling the wheels.

Viper18.jpg

McNally will return...

Thanks Carl and Charlie!

Charlie, I thought the twist would put a little more interest in the story and you have proven that it does with your nice comment.

The Story

McNally and Charlie visit Judge Darpolos at his home to check on him. The judge is nervously pacing around the house after finding an envelope from the blackmailers with photos of the judge and the dead girl. The pictures will be released to the media if the judge doesn't follow through with their demands. McNally suggests that the judge turn himself into the Police along with all the evidence he has collected and get themselves in front of the case. Augie tells them to leave and he will think about it and let them know in the morning. Charlie says, "I think he's going to crack under the pressure."

Morning comes with McNally sitting in his kitchen eating breakfast and watching the morning news on TV. The newscaster announces that Judge Augustus Darpolos has resigned from the bench. The phone rings with Charlie on the other end saying that all the other Boston stations are reporting the same. McNally says, "The judge just cracked..."

The Build

I painted and assembled the air filter and induction unit.

Viper19.jpg

I added the wheels and tires to the now completed chassis.

Viper20.jpg

Viper21.jpg

McNally will return...

Thanks Carl!

The Story

When McNally and Charlie arrived at the Judge's house, the Police were already there arresting Augie for the murder of the woman at the motel. Charlie jumps into lawyer mode and advises her client to remain silent and she'll be with him throughout the entire booking process. McNally asks Det. Darvell about the arrest. "We found some fingerprints on the bedside table and on the lamp along with DNA from a towel in the bathroom." McNally replies, "I have evidence that he is being framed and I can tie that to Roberto Solaros." Darvell replies, "Good luck with that."

The Build

I have finished the interior and engine compartment.

Viper22.jpg

Viper23.jpg

The chassis and the interior have been joined together.

Viper24.jpg

McNally will return...