Model Cars Magazine Forum

Kustom Resin

I.ve bought many items from Mark via ebay and kustom resins, and have been very happy with all his products. He does great casting, interesting subjects, and reasonable prices as well as fast shipping.

Check him out, you'll be glad you did.

Vernon

lol this is ironic. i placed an order on the 6th and am still waiting for my order. he said he clicked ship when he hadnt sent it yet (says 2-4 business days for delivery). offered me a $5 discount on an item and free shipping for the mishap which i thought was generous. I chose an item on the 14th i believe and I am still waiting for all of it to arrive. mail already came today and still have nothing

Thanks for the replies, how clean are his body castings? I realize all need some work to be ready to build but are they resin blobs or close to styrene kit like quality?

I saw the half cab Bronco and am intrigued!

Thanks!

I have the 1/24 LX Hatch and it looked really really nice right out of the box. I got it back in the spring/summer off of the eBay page I haven't started on it yet but I like how it looks, it's crisp

I bought a '58 Biscayne from redsoxfan2. He ran out, but he made more. It took a while but he did come through. I figured the lag was no stock. Also, he implied that he had a guy casting the parts for him. Maybe that is why it takes some time.

In any case, he always kept me posted and acted concerned about getting me the product.

I had that happen to me one time but he stayed in contact with me and I got the stuff like he said.....If its just him and another person,and what they go through on ebay,I can see that happening (running out) and having to make some more.....So far out of everyone I have got hoods from,theirs is the best hands down and worth the wait if need to be

I can tell that you aren't in the business of casting yourself, it would be reasonable to expect someone to get parts out in 48 hours that were in stock, but if they have to get in touch with the person that is actually molding the parts & he has to pour them then get them to the first person & he has to package it up & get it shipped, then it isn't unreasonable to take another day or two, & that's assuming that your part is the only one they have to get done. You also have to realize that very few casters do this as their main income, they are juggling a daytime job & a family too,so if it takes less than a month to get your parts plus they offered you something in the form of an apology you are ahead of the game, & you're dealing with a reputable person, it could be much worse, I've been waiting for six weeks for a rear view mirror for the'62 'Vette from Revell, but rest assured that it won't keep me from using their services again.

Edited by horsepower

• 2 months later...

It seems http://www.kustomresin.com/ has shut down and rdsxfan2 does not sell resin parts in ebay anymore. Mark sells now in ebay using username marksfreeshippingstore.

I have waited my parts for four months and hope to get them soon. Mark answers emails but have not sended my parts.

I just tried to find that user ID on Ebay and nothing came up :unsure: .. Maybe you made a typo? ;)

I don't know what is going on. rdsxfan2 ( http://www.ebay.com/usr/rdsxfan2?_trksid=p2047675.l2559 ) does not sell resin parts as earlier and marksfreeshippingstore ( http://www.ebay.com/usr/marksfreeshippingstore ) had same resin kits for sale yesterday but not any more. Strange.

I really hope Mark will come back to business because I really need some of his parts.

If you buy anything off Mark on ebay,and you live in Australia,dont.I have been waiting for over a month now for an item i purchased off him through ebay,paid for item,hasnt been sent.Ebay and paypal are both chaseing him

Pay pal are chaseing him after information i passed along.Dont deel with this crook. His first ebay profile was - rdsxfan2,then was changed to-

masksfreeshippingstore. After speeking to ebay and pay pal,i notice that he is no longer selling anything on ebay.Strange coicidence - me thinks

I really hate to see and hear this..But it happened to me...I got some stuff from him and took over a month to get it..

I think they have some of the best hoods (so far) and hate this is happening... Looks like VCG resins is doing hoods now so I may give his a shot