Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Latest Project

13 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Hey guys; just a couple shots of my current project....doing this car for one of my customers...he wanted a "classic" hotrod for his collection...big deuce kit; opening doors, truck and cowl vent; as well as the flip up one piece front end (for a modern touch) ... this car is all about subtle...smooth side panels; working lites, and boxed frame and 1-1/2 inch front end drop are a few features...will also use the MCM P/E grille on this car; as well as a sterling skull for the shift knob....it's carpeted using black suede...paint work is done...just need to polish it out; and get my display builder HOT!!! check it out

Posted · Report post

neat idea!!

keith

Posted · Report post

Look's good. I built a 1/8 deuce flip nose last year only I used the track nose on it. It was a fun project.

000_1742.jpg

000_1741.jpg

Posted · Report post

Hermit; I like that tracknose!......Is that a big block with TPI stuffed in there??? I have to say for such an old kit; the big 32's go together pretty well....this one has actually been a "fun" project.....I might actually take time out over the winter to build one of my own. The 3 in 1 kits are great; because of the surplus of parts left over for other builds..........matt

Posted · Report post

Hermit; I like that tracknose!......Is that a big block with TPI stuffed in there???

It's a 409 with 85 Vette FI.

Posted · Report post

Look's good. I built a 1/8 deuce flip nose last year only I used the track nose on it. It was a fun project.

000_1742.jpg

000_1741.jpg

Great looking Deuce their Matt. I'll have to try yhat flip-nose. Yours too Al. By the way Al, where did you get a 1/8th scale 409. Or better yet, where can I get one.

Thanks,

REX

Posted · Report post

Great looking Deuce their Matt. I'll have to try yhat flip-nose. Yours too Al. By the way Al, where did you get a 1/8th scale 409. Or better yet, where can I get one.

Thanks,

REX

Wheredid you get that track nose from, as I am thonking along the same lines myself.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Rex - The 409 came from "rgondeck", a talented builder, caster, custom decal maker & moderator at www.largescalemodeler.com

Deuce - the track nose is from an old Lindberg "Custom T" kit.

Hawk models is repopping the Lindy line and it will be available again in 2008.

Edited by old-hermit

Posted · Report post

:blink: WOW THAT IS B E AUTIFUL!! :lol:

Posted · Report post

Thx to all for looking....got the car finished up and delivered...the customer was very pleased with the car! I can't seem to get pix uploaded to this board; but you can view the finished car at my site www.monkeyclawmodels.com look on the "hotrod" page. This was a fun project; and I think I may have to build one of the 32 fords for my own collection when I get time... (after Tamiya-Con). Again; Thanx for looking and all the comments........good luck on all your 08 projects..........matt

Posted · Report post

Rex - The 409 came from "rgondeck", a talented builder, caster, custom decal maker & moderator at www.largescalemodeler.com

It looks like the link referring to the resin parts (http://www.largescalemodeler.com/dreams/index.html) is closed.

Is there another source for 1/8th scale parts?

I need four hemi heads for my exterminator.

Btw, that is one of the nicest Deuces I've ever seen.

Posted · Report post

keep an eye out on ebay, theres a guy selling hemi head conversions and complete motors there pretty regularly.

Posted · Report post

Try this Junkman

www.largescalemodeler.com

You will have to join the site to access the "For Sale" section.