Model Cars Magazine Forum

1970 Mach 1 twister special * April 15 rolling right along

freakshow12

Hey guys. I have decided to build a mustang since I have not done one in a while. It's a replica of one of the 96 twister specials built. They were all grabber orange with black interior. They were all supposed to be 428 cobra jets but only 48 were. This one is one of the 428 4 speed super cobra jet cars. I opened the doors and trunk. All cars had shaker hoods so I started with a flat boss 302 hood and made one along with the twist locks. I also modified the rear valence for the rectangular tips these hadpost-8987-0-20327900-1392682825_thumb.jppost-8987-0-25091500-1392682856_thumb.jppost-8987-0-16943700-1392682897_thumb.jp

Edited by freakshow12

I am taking the 428 from the 69 cj kit. It's a tad small but once it is detailed out I won't look too bad. I could have went the easy route and just done a shaker on the Cleveland as the other 48 cars had that. I like to do things the hard way. Like the lawman that will be coming soon...

Edited by freakshow12

• 2 weeks later...

Lookin good so far. Thank you for hinging the doors correctly. So many people swing them straight out instead of the leading edge dipping into the body, which makes them look goofy and more diecast/toy like. Yours is done right and will be tougher to tell the difference from the real deal. Watching this one with earnest.

• 2 weeks later...