Model Cars Magazine Forum

2006 Northwest Model Fest (NNL)

Jairus

Hmmm............I received a flyer from Dave B. for the show......way down here in Florida!!

Actually, I had entered the Portland show via mail-in entry a few years ago. Yep, mailed a model all the way from The Sunshine State to Portland, Oregon.....and it survived with only a wiper and mirror coming off in transit.

Now, since this years show has a convertible theme I am seriously thinking of mailing in the Rambler Speedster.

Waddya think, Jairus? Should I trust the postal service TWICE?!?

By the way, here's a pic of the model I sent, along with the custom framed print of the original art it's based on (Thanks for the print, Gregg-Dude!!). It was actually chosen as the receipient of the "Best Design of Jairus Watson". I was very surprised! It was also in one of Gregg's final issues of "Plastic Fanatic".

BugArt1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Dave,

Sorry I didn't respond sooner. I have been VERY busy trying to make a living and just this evening took a break to read over all the postings.

I think you should mail the model! I don't really believe it's the post office's fault that your wiper fell off. Unless you sent it via UPS! :wink: Either you didn't attach the parts securely in the first place or whoever handled it was careless. In any case, packing for shipping is your responsibility and good info on this subject has been published time and time again. Besides, I would love to see that car on the tables at our Pacific NorthWest Model Fest 2006!!!

You can mail your car to me and I will make sure that it gets returned to you safely. PM me and I will return my addy!

• 1 month later...

Hey Doug.. You have a good time? You left with a big smile on your face....

:D

Actually, to anyone not attending... We all had a great time at the best show in the Pacific Northwest! Period!

Thank you to all who helped put it on, contact vendors, contact contributors, collect prizes, announce raffle tickets, etc, etc! A great time to be had by all!

8)

Hey Doug.. You have a good time? You left with a big smile on your face....

:)

Actually, to anyone not attending... We all had a great time at the best show in the Pacific Northwest! Period!

Thank you to all who helped put it on, contact vendors, contact contributors, collect prizes, announce raffle tickets, etc, etc! A great time to be had by all!

8)

I had a wonderful time.

I was floored that my Dodge won something,I almost did not bring it.

I was thinking my green VW was gonna be my ace in the hole.LOL!

SABA did an excellent job,I met some really great guys.

I may mail a couple models for the Desert Classic.Matt Conte said he would take care of them for me when they get there?

Doug R