Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moebius International ProStar build. Cab mounted, 6-21-14

Here's the engine I'm putting in the ProStar...

006_zps6b161b9a.jpg

004_zps6ec21772.jpg

Just kidding!!! That's for another build somewhere down the road...

Here's the actual engine...

0042_zps5f009d42.jpg

0012_zpsa37159e0.jpg

0072_zpsf97ab55f.jpg

I had the Cummins engine in mine, so I painted it red instead of blue. It's not correct, but it looks close enough to be a Cummins...

Thanks Ben! The above post was a late April fools joke, since I was sick I couldn't join in the fun... :(:lol:

I did notice something interesting though. The Maxx Force engine and the Detroit V-12 are the same length and height. The width is different, but I wonder how hard it would be to build a custom ProStar using the Detroit?

Thanks Ben! The above post was a late April fools joke, since I was sick I couldn't join in the fun... :(:lol:

I did notice something interesting though. The Maxx Force engine and the Detroit V-12 are the same length and height. The width is different, but I wonder how hard it would be to build a custom ProStar using the Detroit?

I wonder how it would go With the firewall.

Ben

Thanks everyone. The temp outside is a bit cold to paint, so the truck cab won't get painted today. I did get the panel line filled in and ready though, so I'm happy about that.

I found out why the wheelbase looks so messed up J.T. It seems that Moebius modeled this kit from the redesigned 2013 ProStar. I'm building a copy of the truck I drove, which is a 2012 ProStar... There is a vent between the hood, and the doors that make the cab 3 to 4 scale inches longer, and pushes the cab back as well. it looks as the the sleeper is longer too, but I don't have the measurements to compare.

I was wondering, how much difference is there between the maxxforce and a Cummins? The truck I drove had a Cummins. Can I just paint it red and get away with it, or do I need to do a complete overhaul of the engine?

eMeandmytruck_zps5d054108.jpg

big difference between the max -force and cummins engines, not sure you can create the cummins from the max force

• 2 weeks later...

Looks pretty good to me....Wish I had a thought of that.....The old Detroitapillar might get jealous.....

Thank you much J.T. I only thought of it because the truck I drove had a Cummins in it. I would mix up the names for this engine, but either way I did it sounded X-rated... :blink::lol:

Looks nice. It's "Cummins-ish" enough.

Yep, and probably puts out about the same power as a Cummins too!! :lol::lol: The Cummins I had in my Werner Pete was a dog!

Kind of at a stand still temporarily... I bought some enamel black paint, but it's not wanting to cooperate. I sprayed a body with some primer and let it dry, then added the black... 6 weeks ago, and it still isn't dry! I need to go and get some duplicolor black laquer, then start the the frame. The nearest place is 40 miles away... :(

• 2 weeks later...