Model Cars Magazine Forum

Slixx decal question

racer3270

Started a new project recently and I had a question. I'm building the Richie Stevens Mopar pro stock ride with slixx decals. The decals come with one set for the camoflague background and the other set is the actual lettering and other images. Should I lay down a clear coat and put the camo on then clear over them? Can you even clear over slixx decals? I plan on using DuPont urethane clear. I don't want to ruin my decals so any advice/personal experiences would be a big help. Thanks!

I have never put deacals on clear paint only "not to say nobody has" I would apply decals camo 1st let dry. Then stack number and letters on next. "i pretty much quit using toxic clear coats! Really, I tried the floor wax and have had great results, its cheaper, brighter, and easy on decals, I have never had a set fade or wrinkle! It's good stuff, I use it on my glass, chrome etc..hope this helps.

If the car is cleared before any dwcals,as in one light coat Put the big decals on then a thin coat of clear. Then put the rest of the decals on. Trick is to go lightly on clear over decals.Always clear over the base before any decal application.Hardened clears do not move when applying more clear causing the wrinkling problems.