Model Cars Magazine Forum

Celica Liftback

cruz

That sure is pretty. I had one of those,awful seats and with the twin cam 2 liter 4banger. It was called budget Mustang over here.

Never saw one with a twin cam, mine had a 20R SOHC four banger. Not the most powerful thing in the world, but it was a sweet little power plant.

Never saw one with a twin cam, mine had a 20R SOHC four banger. Not the most powerful thing in the world, but it was a sweet little power plant.

Not sure if they sold them in the US. It was an Yamaha developed head with two solex carburators,said to put out

about 130-140hp. It was a fun car,this was an 1977 model called 2000 GT.

I never knew toyotas had style back then. I need sunglasses for that mirror finish

Celicas were always cool. The first time I realized it was probably in 1972. I was walking home from school and a teacher of mine pulled up alongside and offered me a ride home. I had never noticed a Celica before, but I got in and he peeled out. He went through all the gears fast to impress me. Yea he did!

From 1978-80 I had a Corolla wagon with a 5 speed as a company car. I put 100,000 on it in two years and I loved that car. It was the first car I had that never needed anything fixing. I came very close to buying a new 1979 Celica but my father talked me out of spending the money.

But I do have a 1995 Celica GT convertible now. Red of course! Nice model Cruz!