Model Cars Magazine Forum

70 Cuda

zaina

How are yo u gonna do the wheel lips or you gonnna leave them alone im npt an experienced builder by amy means I mainly them the box stock without doing the trim

Haven't really looked too far into that yet. I do know that I don't like how incorrect they are and will do something with them and then use bmf for the trim.

• 2 years later...

Ok, now that my ford pickup is done I decided to bring this one back out... and hopefully keep at it till it’s done. I was able to get the base coat on this weekend. I hope to get the decals on in the next few days and then shoot the clear. Here is where it sits. 

4D277D9E-E489-4559-BEF1-587C5F66B078.jpeg

Hey, Andy. I've been back over this thread 3 times now. Unbelievable attention to detail. An outstanding build so far. As a re-newbie I can obviously pick up a LOT of tips for my future builds.

One question pertaining to the photo of the 1:1 car you said you're going to make your build look like. Was the car available from the factory just as seen in that photo? The reason I ask is because I don't ever recall seeing a Hemi 'Cuda just like that. Along with the dog dishes, it makes for a very impressive looking car. It immediately strikes you as no frills, no nonsense, MOPAR muscle.

Really looking forward to seeing the rest of this build!

Hey, Andy. I've been back over this thread 3 times now. Unbelievable attention to detail. An outstanding build so far. As a re-newbie I can obviously pick up a LOT of tips for my future builds.

One question pertaining to the photo of the 1:1 car you said you're going to make your build look like. Was the car available from the factory just as seen in that photo? The reason I ask is because I don't ever recall seeing a Hemi 'Cuda just like that. Along with the dog dishes, it makes for a very impressive looking car. It immediately strikes you as no frills, no nonsense, MOPAR muscle.

Really looking forward to seeing the rest of this build!

thanks for the kind words. As far as the colors in the picture I really couldn’t tell you if that was an option. This is the only car I’ve seen on a google search with such colors. Molar did do a lot of different things as far as options go so I wouldn’t be surprised if it was a factory option....I just really liked the way that it looked.

and the dog dishes,  this is the third molar build that I have used steelies and dishes. I just really like the look of it. More of a sleeper look. I am really into 20’s and 30’s hot rods as well so steelies and hub caps  kinda tend to wind up on  a lot of my builds. 

• 5 months later...