Model Cars Magazine Forum

Pick your brain.

Hey there everyone,

Trying to replicate a 1:1 car I have seen, and trying to track down a set of steel wheels for a '70 Cuda.

Either resin replacement, or if someone knows of a kit with the wheels in it. Preferably 1/25, as it is going on the new Revell Cuda, and I think a 1/24 wheel might look slightly too big.

Pic of the wheel.

Thanks!

83806646ee_1033656-vi.jpg

cdc301b151_2027671-vi.jpg

What a nice car!

Its funny how things can come full circle. When I was a teen I though hubcaps were sooo lame. If it didnt have a set of mags with wide rubber it wasn`t worth looking at, and now a set of dog dishes with steelies on any old musclecar turns my crank more than any set of mags.

What a nice car!

Its funny how things can come full circle. When I was a teen I though hubcaps were sooo lame. If it didnt have a set of mags with wide rubber it wasn`t worth looking at, and now a set of dog dishes with steelies on any old musclecar turns my crank more than any set of mags.

My folks had a 440 6 Pack, 4-Speed, Super Track Pack '70 Charger that they special ordered back in late '69 and Dad made sure to get it with those wheels and the Dodge versions of those caps. Being a one time street racer, he didn't want the car to look as special as it actually was, from both the "don't want to tip off the suckers" standpoint and the "don't want to draw the attention of the police" standpoint.

What a nice car!

X2

Scott,

Check out this build thread using the same tire and wheel setup that you are asking about. http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=83984&hl=

That looks like the same style of wheel, but looks much deeper than the one above.

Revell 68 Charger for the wheels and the aftermarket for the hubcaps. Or you could try Scenes Unlimited.

Someone else said the '68 Charger as well, strange I don't have it in my stash, but will have to rectify that. Hard to tell from the photos of the instructions if it is the same wheel, the band around the rim just inside the rim edge (with the tire valve sticking out of) looks really wide when compared to the kit steel rims, but maybe it is just the lighting. Another I have been told about are the wheels in the MPC Roscoe Police car.

Dog dish isn't a problem as I have all 4 sets of the Parts By Parks ones, however looking at them, none of them look like the ones above, so may have to search for those as well. Again, likely from the '68 Charger.