Model Cars Magazine Forum

Rusty 1980 Monte Carlo another crusty one.

kingiguana

Thanks for the comments guys. The wheels and tires are only for mock up / pics. It will find its way on to a slot car chassis after my friend pics it up this evening. I have a few other kits here I'm doing for him in a rusty crusty barn find look. I haven't done a shiney one in quite sometime. He likes them crusty since the track glue gets on them anyway, so he would just end up spending all his time cleaning and polishing them.

Im not sure where the wheels came from. The fronts are from the AMT/ERTL 41 Ford Woody Wagon, I think. The Cragars are from some AMT kit most likely, maybe the Baldwin Motion Camaro ? All I know is the came out of my parts box.

I like it, really good weathering and details.

Where did you get those mag wheels? I'm looking for a set for a project.

Hmm, if a ragged hot rod is a rat rod, does that make this a rat rider? I really like this. It looks like a kid found an old beat up car and is doing modifcations to it as he can afford them. Joe, I truely respect the work you put into this. It is representative of something we really might see out and about some average Saturday.

Edited by Skydime