Model Cars Magazine Forum

model master paint rack question

Im not sure if this is the right section or not. I was just looking on craigslist and found a guy selling a model masters paint rack that he said he got from a hobby shop that was closing. Before I go pick it up I was wondering how much they usually go for? I called him and he said to come out and look at it and make an offer

I's say go for $20 if it's the old style with the stamped metal shelves that use up bent section of the shelf to locate the bottles or the new ones that use a U shaped wire that plugs into the openings of the up bent ends of Cor-Plast. If it uses a metal shelf with moving wire loops to try and corral the paints, don't buy it at all. The first two work great for keeping the bottles where they belong while the third is a waste of perfectly good resources!

I think we still have all three in use at work, I can shoot pics for reference if you want.

Edited by Joe Handley

I have also scored these (Tamiya actually) for free from the LHS I patronized regularly. that doesn't mean he will or should just give it to you, but as mentioned above I don't think I would offer > 20 and would try to get it for $10. make an offer of 10 and see what he says

jb

What ever you do, make sure it will really serve your needs ? Then how much is really worth to you ? How much room is it going to take up on your work area ? It's worth what ever some one is willing to pay and what ever this guy is willing to sell it for.