Model Cars Magazine Forum

NEVER drink and drive.

Lovefordgalaxie

Many years back I was working on my car at a friends yard and I went to get some burgers for lunch. The car, a BMW 2002, had far better tyres on the front than the back for some stupid reason and on the way back on a country road at maybe 65mph I managed to spin it through 180 degrees . I remember heading for a tree still going backwards and thinking this was going to hurt - then there was a feeling like a giant hand had caught the car and thrown it back into the road, pointing in the direction I had been travelling and with the engine still running. There was no damage on the car apart from a piece of trim knocked off the bootlid and the burgers and chips were all intact in their cartons. I still don't understand what happened, most of my accidents have not had such fortunate outcomes. I was completely sober and I pretty soon changed the rear tyres!

The laws of physics apply to EVERYONE. And they are, shall we say, "self-enforcing". No matter what your theory about how drunks ALWAYS survive a crash because "they're more relaxed" or whatever (not true), it's probably best not to get good 'n' lickered up before you get behind the wheel.

The bark falling off the other side of the tree may come from the tree flexing during impact and it returning to rest in its original position, much like pushing in the side of a alumium can and popping it back. Wood like metal does contain memory and is shown to be more durable than a two - three ton car.

Edited by Roadkill2525