Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 599 Gtb Fiorano

gasman

just got the new Revell 599 GTB today, and i have to say its nice. I know its the same as the Revell AG kit that was released a few months ago. I don't have the Revell AG kit so I can't tell if anything changed. but i know the Revell AG kit was molded in red. and this one is molded in nice white plastic. I have three issues with this kit. first off the box art is terrible. way too much crome and red. although the box art buildup is nice they should have shot it at a different angle, the next issue is why there is any crome in this kit. there is almost no crome on the 1:1. its not an issue getting the crome off but it would have been nice for everything to be done in white plastic. and finally. my last issue with the kit. are the wheels. there accurately done, albeit a little small. but why they chose these wheels pictured below

ferrari_599_gtb1.jpg

over these much better looking ones, i'll never know

ferrari599_gtbfiorano.jpg

The Satan wheels were the first wheels in production. The nicer Challenge style wheels came along later. So the kits were based off the very first production run.

Look forward to your progress! I have the Fujimi, Revell Ag and Revell USA kits. I need to get one of them built soon.

Chris

I really wish Fujimi had put the Challenge wheels in their Fiorano kit...the Revell wheels are pretty weak; they aren't nearly as nice as the wheels in their Superamerica kit (which look great on a Fujimi 575...).

I did get a cheapie Maisto kit of the Fiorano, and I've warmed to the satan wheels...so I may use them on the Revell kit. Or not :P The Maisto wheels are infinitely better than the Revell wheels and really fill up the wheel openings nicely.