Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ray Hendrick 1969 Chevelle

Ron

I started this one about a week ago...I have been wanting to build this car for several months and got to looking at Mark Jeffries build of this car and decided to start it. I started with the AMT Chevelle and used a AMT Nascar chassis...I built the cage using evergreen styrene tubing and sheets. More soon.

Ron

RH2.jpg

RH3.jpg

RH4.jpg

Now that's a good subject for a model...

Neat LOOKING car, great heritage, even a big improvement over the 'condition' of the original kit...

Now you don't have to put up with that stupid chassis!

What are you doing for decals/markings?

Thanks guys..Rick bullgraphix has the decals I need for this one and I will order them sometime this week. Heres what I have managed to get done over the past 2 nights. More later this week. Thanks for checking it out!

Ron

RH5.jpg

RH6.jpg

RH7.jpg

Ray wasn't that well known for his full-bodied rides so yours is good to see. Nice and low with a cage that looks period perfect. I always pick up an AMT stock car kit when I can for $5 or less, great 'bashing material for those short track cars.

I have the same '69 kit here and a set of Herschel McGriff's Olympia Beer decals for it, I might have to get into that soon.

Bob

Thanks Bob and Tonio....heres alittle more on this one. I have learned alot from Dave T, and Mark Jeffries that has paid off on this build...thanks to those guys for what they share

Ron

RH9.jpg

RH8.jpg

Edited by Ron

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...