Model Cars Magazine Forum

65 Pontiac GTO Convertible

Mr Stock

Hi all this is the latest completed model off the bench, its the old AMT kit of the 65 Pontiac GTO. This one fought me along the way here and there with some fit issues, like a windsheild that just wouldn't fit , but it is a 40 year old kit I suppose.

Even with the issues I had this was still a fun kit to build, the colour is a Vauxhall burgundy metallic, the closest I could get over here in the UK to the factory GTO burgundy, the wheels are Cragars form the parts box and the tyres are from the latest AMT 66 Mustang re-pop.

Thanks for checking it out.

2014-03-02140015-1.jpg2014-03-02135814.jpg2014-03-02135731-1.jpg2014-03-02135715-1.jpg2014-03-02135939-1.jpg

Edited by Mr Stock

Gary, your finished GTO model looks great despite fit issues.

The original AMT '65 GTO was converted into a Modified Stocker in the '70s and in the '80s ERTL restored it back to stock. That could be where the fit issues have come from. In any case, it is nice to have the kit available.

Looks pretty clean and sharp! Love GTO's! Only thing I really see is the driver side valve cover is upside down. Can't tell on the passenger side.

Well spotted Andy...that will be fixed, for some reason I never noticed