Model Cars Magazine Forum

Saw this during Monterey car week in Pacific Grove. It was actually in service for the city for many years and was treated to a full restoration upon retirement. I'm not a truck builder but this one almost could convert me but too many other projects on the bench. Any one up to the challenge?

post-13531-0-58019600-1393795336_thumb.j

post-13531-0-93516000-1393795378_thumb.j

post-13531-0-94711000-1393795558_thumb.j

post-13531-0-91145400-1393795617_thumb.j

post-13531-0-82590200-1393795681_thumb.j

Neat truck, the cab is available in resin from a couple of venders, and the wheels / chassis could come from the Italeri Opel Blitz with some minor modification. The mixer no idea, probably would have to be scratchbuilt.

I assume the truck is owned by Granite Construction, a large local construction company rather than the city of Monterey.

I have the RMR cab that matches that one, but I have no idea where the wheels would come from. My cab is earmarked for another project. The mixer would have to be scratchbuilt. Nothing a little bit of geometry can't work out. Neat little truck! I bet somebody will take a shot at it.

The wheels from the Italeri Opal won't work because they are six holes. I spent 18 months trying to scratch build a five hole truck wheel in this style and finally cast my first one the other week. I am now working on the tyres to suit. I could certainly be up for this challenge if i had the time. I have already figured out how to create the mixer chamber. If anyone is not able to figure this one out, pm me, I am only to happy to help out, not enough thirties and forties trucks being built !

Gents Herb Deeks used to have these wheels but I have not seen an ad from him in a while. Some where in my future projects boxes I have a short mixer that was made by New Bright toys I believe. I bought it at Kay Bee toys many years ago and never got around to the project. I will dig it out and post pictures. There are several of these trucks in existence I have photos of at least 3. I want to do this rig,

The wheels from the Italeri Opal won't work because they are six holes. I spent 18 months trying to scratch build a five hole truck wheel in this style and finally cast my first one the other week. I am now working on the tyres to suit. I could certainly be up for this challenge if i had the time. I have already figured out how to create the mixer chamber. If anyone is not able to figure this one out, pm me, I am only to happy to help out, not enough thirties and forties trucks being built !

Actually they are 8 lug, not 6, but an easy fix if you are careful. You can gently slice the lugs off with a sharp exacto. Sand down the wheel to remove any unsightly residue, then re-glue 5 of the lugs back on in the appropriate pattern.

Gents,

I found the mixer body I was looking for in my stash. I placed it with a Monogram 55 Ford for size comparison. I think this was from a New Brite toys mixer.

post-2169-0-32641200-1394855146_thumb.jp

post-2169-0-18151200-1394855178_thumb.jp

Now I need to go buy a cab. I already have the Opel Blitz.

What do you guys think can we make it happen?