Model Cars Magazine Forum

Texaco station in 1977

Repstock

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Always nice to have the real building to work from, photos, measurements and permission. The design is quite classic as there were a few of these 'gas stations' here where I live, all gone now. The roof is a point where most diorama builders go astray, but you have nailed it. Keep going, this is going to be great.

Cheers Eh!

Incredible build all around- very inspiring!!

I have to build another model of Sun engine testor for my project as well- you've set the bar pretty high for that one; now I have to make that piece a project all to itself!

Mark

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Have you done any work or completed this masterpiece? I bet you are going to make the bell work

greg

Thank you! I haven't worked on it since the last pictures. I've done a few cars, and I've completed plans for the Rockford Files trailer. The Texaco station needs work on the roof sections, there is much painting involved, and my garage (I have no paint booth) is really cold right now. The station is so large that a base is out of the question right now. If my kids eventually find residences of their own, I'll take over the basement and finish all the buildings I've started. When it warms up, I'll get back on this and at least get the building done.