Model Cars Magazine Forum

Texaco station in 1977

Repstock

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here's the latest progress on the restrooms. The bowls and seat ring were Crackerjack prizes, and the sink bowls were aftermarket. The rest is scratch.

restroomtexaco_zpse132b9a4.jpg

Both restrooms.

restroomtexaco1_zpscd0cf946.jpg
Men's room

restroomtexaco2_zps38f9a4c9.jpg

Ladies room

i mat only be 22 but i remember those never ending towels

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

moparfrank526 this is the best texaco diorama i have seen i have a picture of a texaco diecast in real material like the real building was made of they went for 550.00 dollars and when i was ready to buy i could not find the sit so i am in the middle of building one mmy self yours is just as good as the one by texaco i was wondering if you would teach me how to make you garage doors they are perfect my email is frank.stanley526@gmail.com iam a retired master tech owned my own shop for 35 years and raced mopars in nhra suoer stock for 15 years

• 2 years later...

The pics of the restrooms are very interesting, all the more so because as far as I know Photobucket has not had a change of policy. I checked the image info for one of the pics and it does indicate a link to Photobucket. The quality of your diorama build is of a high standard. Not sure why your last post was November 14 in 2015, and now a new post in 2018 ?

David

4 hours ago, Anglia105E said:

The pics of the restrooms are very interesting, all the more so because as far as I know Photobucket has not had a change of policy. I checked the image info for one of the pics and it does indicate a link to Photobucket. The quality of your diorama build is of a high standard. Not sure why your last post was November 14 in 2015, and now a new post in 2018 ?

David

A fair question. I heard something about Photobucket restoring pictures, so I went to this thread that was populated by images stored on Photobucket. It seemed to me the pictures were back, I just wanted to make sure they could be seen by others. I'm hoping to finish the station one day, but it is too large for my current work space. As the kids move out, I will take over more space...it's just a matter of time.

Outstanding work Tom!  I have a folder of your work that I have been collecting for over 2 years. I use these photos of your work for inspiration as your level of work is at such a high caliber.  If I may ask, what did you use for the gas pump nozzles?  I have built a few pumps but am unhappy with the nozzles.  I will pm you with an image.  Please keep sharing your work!

1 hour ago, Repstock said:

A fair question. I heard something about Photobucket restoring pictures, so I went to this thread that was populated by images stored on Photobucket. It seemed to me the pictures were back, I just wanted to make sure they could be seen by others. I'm hoping to finish the station one day, but it is too large for my current work space. As the kids move out, I will take over more space...it's just a matter of time.

You need to offer incentives Tom and they will move out!

Nice to see these pictures again, your work is outstanding, whether it is a diorama or scratch built model!

4 hours ago, bill lanfear said:

Outstanding work Tom!  I have a folder of your work that I have been collecting for over 2 years. I use these photos of your work for inspiration as your level of work is at such a high caliber.  If I may ask, what did you use for the gas pump nozzles?  I have built a few pumps but am unhappy with the nozzles.  I will pm you with an image.  Please keep sharing your work!

The nozzles were carved out of a piece of styrene with plastic rod glued on where needed. There are pics earlier in this thread that may illustrate this better.

Tom...... thanks for the response, and I totally understand the time and space issues. Your work is truly excellent and I hope that you do find time ( and space ) to continue with the Texaco diorama. The photos seem to be displaying correctly and boy are they fascinating!

David

• 2 months later...