Model Cars Magazine Forum

'66 Chevelle Wagon and Camper.

Nick Winter

GM never Built it so I did, Used a resin body that I got in trade a while ago from our very own Z Man.....Decided it needed some purpose, so why would anyone want a 2 door big block wagon? To tow a camper of course, how else are you supposed to look cool when you rolled up to the NHRA sanctioned event of your choice?

Scratchbuilt the trailer, it works out closer to 24th scale, but oh well, mistakes happen.

Assembled the wagon as a lower trim model, but I included the 375HP 396, a 4spd Muncie, and of course some SS badging, if your going to build something that never existed you might as well trim it out as you would have it.

Built this combo for a Group build that a friend and myself have put on for now 2 years (this is our second year, last year's theme was '69 Camaro's), we have a group display at IPMS' Heritagecon in Hamilton at the Warplane Heritage museum.

GEDC0002_zpsd36c121d.jpg

GEDC0003_zps44343ac7.jpg

GEDC0005_zps276c1159.jpg

GEDC0006_zpsaf366d9d.jpg

GEDC0007_zpsaf2701f0.jpg

GEDC0008_zps483a2dfe.jpg

GEDC0009_zpsd052b83f.jpg

GEDC1945_zpscfc82964.jpg

GEDC0011_zpsc93be756.jpg

GEDC0012_zpsc5e6b929.jpg

As a wagon guy my heart skipped when I saw your build ! Beautiful 2 door wagon and the camper is pretty awesome too !

You've outdone yourself this time , great job . :D

. . . too bad GM stopped making the 2 - door Chevelle wagon in '65 . The '66 - '67 is a much prettier body style !