Model Cars Magazine Forum

This is my 1st truck project on the forum. It has to be one of my fav trucks of all time. The AMT Round2 re-release of the Firestone Ford F350 pickup. Will be taking this one over the top. So far Ive only been looking and ordering parts for this, the only work Ive done so far, is modify the bed so the wheel well opening is in the normal wheelbase position. I used a step by step process I found in the review section for this kit. Only the sectioning has been done so far, I have a lot of sanding, filling, sanding, priming, and sanding I have ahead of me but the look of the normal wheelbase is well worth it over the super camper special extended wheelbase look. This is where I am at.

030214003-vi.jpg

030214002-vi.jpg

030214001-vi.jpg

To give an idea of the direction of the project- 1st is I will be ordering a 74-77 style (hints the title) front grill assembly from Bandit resins, it will be 4x4, lifted, using 44" boggers, wheels, dana 60 front, dana 70 rear, springs, transfer case and possibly other parts from BNL resins. The power plant will be a twin turbo Cummins 12 valve and intercooler from Trailer Trash Kustoms. Im thinking of trying to scratch build a NV5600 6 speed trans for this as well. Will be a very ambitious project, but will be fun and totally different than what I have been doing, so it should keep me pretty interested.

Edited by Devilsnake98

Thanks for the kind words. The bandit site is down or something right now. If you google search resin ford truck grille, it comes up that way. Im waiting on an email back from them so I can get that grille.

Edited by Devilsnake98

Finally have a small update. Got all of the resin parts I ordered for this project. 2 sets of tires, wheels, front and rear axles, fuel filler doors, and a Cummins 12v engine. The black tires are 43" boggers, the white ones are 49" iroks, I wasn't sure on which to use when I ordered them. So the mock up pics have really helped that, I think the 49's are too big, what do you all think? Also have a little body work done. Just applied filler to the bed sides, and removed the rocker panel moldings from the bed sides and the cab, had to scribe the lower door seams after removing the rocker moldings. I will be painting the truck with Testors one coat De Ja Blue. The last pic is a quick test shot of the color. Anyway here is some pics.

liftedford032114001-vi.jpg

liftedford032114003-vi.jpg

liftedford032114005-vi.jpg

liftedford032114006-vi.jpg

liftedford032114007-vi.jpg

liftedford032114009-vi.jpg

liftedford032114011-vi.jpg

liftedford032114013-vi.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not too much of an update, been distracted with my 1:1 project lately. Had to open the firewall and front of the floor so the engine will go back, the accessories would not fit. Made a new front x member, started to make motor mounts, just not done yet. Also will be using a resin liberty style transmission as a base to scratch build the nv5600 6 speed manual, will have to modify or replace the x members for the transmission and transfercase.

041914012-vi.jpg

041914013-vi.jpg

041914014-vi.jpg

041914017-vi.jpg

041914018-vi.jpg

041914019-vi.jpg

041914016-vi.jpg