Model Cars Magazine Forum

Pocher Rolls Sedanca

Cato

Thank you Scott - I have hoped he would have even just liked it - not necessarily LOVED it. We always conferred but had our differences too. But for sure, mutual respect was high.

I'm sure that even maybe with a wink, he would have groused  :angry:  about no outside rear view mirror. I did the inside but...the spotlight won.:rolleyes:

I am sure he would have LOVED it, even if you had different opinions on things.

He battled me about my Bugatti T35 and the leather wraps and the safety wire pattern; actually he was the reason the safety wire was drilled into the metal body. 

When I pointed out the relevance of how and why I used the wire pattern I did, added a little history, logic and reference, he totally understood and changed his opinion

Maybe a bit gruff, but he was a reasonable man when presented with logic and reason. I cannot look at that model without thinking of him 

Again, congratulations on getting to the finish line with this beautiful model, you should be very proud of your accomplishment!

I am sure he would have LOVED it, even if you had different opinions on things.

He battled me about my Bugatti T35 and the leather wraps and the safety wire pattern; actually he was the reason the safety wire was drilled into the metal body. 

When I pointed out the relevance of how and why I used the wire pattern I did, added a little history, logic and reference, he totally understood and changed his opinion

Maybe a bit gruff, but he was a reasonable man when presented with logic and reason. I cannot look at that model without thinking of him 

Again, congratulations on getting to the finish line with this beautiful model, you should be very proud of your accomplishment!

Even if he used whips and chairs on us (he didn't) he had a positive impact on the work of everyone here. His compliments were more rare than his great insights. But everybody learned something good from Harry.

Even if he used whips and chairs on us (he didn't) he had a positive impact on the work of everyone here. His compliments were more rare than his great insights. But everybody learned something good from Harry.

Absolutley

I like the honest opinion and helpful criticism he gave...not everyone's cup of tea but it pushed you to be a better modeller

• 2 weeks later...

This angle really shows your custom work Cato ... and oh, what an improvement to the box kit ... wow

i miss Harry's constructive criticism, but I think he'd have few words here ... bravo sir ...

First - thank you Mike and Hugh for the compliments. Since you mention it Mike, I'll share a little backstory about Harry and the scratch building.

Somewhere in about the eighth month of work, I contacted Harry off board and discussed my dissatisfaction with the tall Pocher top. He mentioned that he too had ideas about it for his Sedanca and had in fact removed the top from the main body, but went no further in the build. At my request, he sent me the neatly cut but stock size top, so I might measure, make drawings and a plan to shorten the height.

I kept it a couple of weeks and gratefully returned it. Turns out Harry was more fond of the Pocher Benz and Alfas which he completed but not the Sedanca. He started the totally custom Shooting Brake Rolls but sadly never finished. We talked a lot about each.

Ultimately I went a different way from how Harry planned the top chop; I pie-cut it to tip the too-high front edge down as well as lower it - 13mm in front, 6mm in rear. Without removing it from the body sides. He thought I was crazy for the work overload but always supported what I planned.

I hope those models are still in his family...

Edited by Cato

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi cato...

Did you delete the photo on this pocher build... 

Because i cant find the earlier photo on post....

It said upgrade your account to enable 3rd party is it photo bucket upgrade or mcm upgrade?

I really like your build journal so i take a look again from the start and all the pics gone...

But i can see the last 2 pics which is finnished