Model Cars Magazine Forum

Quickie Diorama

Baugher Garage

I built this little diorama out of an old dresser drawer. Took the front off, added a piece of trim across the front, painted it, created a graphic in Photoshop to the proper dimensions, printed it on self-adhesive paper and stuck it on. The gravel is the oil dry stuff you use to soak up oil spills. It makes a great backdrop for car pics. Quick and simple. Most of the time was spent in Photoshop making the background. I have made several different backgrounds.

photo36_zps4a55d6cc.jpg

I saw your diorama for sale last Saturday March 1st at the Northland Toy Show in Albany(I don't remember the price) I thought it was Really Cool!!! In Fact It got me planning to build something similar myself.

Daniel - you saw this same diorama for sale at a toy show? I sold it on ebay to a guy in Albany NY in December. What are the chances?? I live in Kansas!

Great work your diaramas and the old ford from the 60s are very reaistic......I really like the El Camino, is it the AMT 59....If so, and you get a chance tell me more about this build. I have the AMT kit my plan is to built this car with a 409. I think that W Big Block came out in 58 but had a lower ci displacment, I have another 61 ss that I can use has a doner, for imblems and valve covers. The AMT 58 has some good looking headers Headman or Hooker....I also like to save basket case kits....I have a57 chasis from a Bel Air. I am thinkin' of using on the El Camino Build.....I might "Tub" it out or do a "Mini Tub".Love big fat tires, and the 57 frame looks more "Rigid"....For the bed I like the look of the cover you used....Any way I did not mean to write a book on your post...But you know how it is when a couple of "Old School Builders" start talking kits and cars...I really "Dig" your work. And thanks for your nice words about my work bench. The Gas Station on the left comes from a Revelle kit and just folds to create a Diarama. I think the box art read "High Way Scenes" and the car was a Nomad, I hate to admit this but the Garage is just a card board box I cut some holes in, painted primer gray...I just wanted a Back Drop for taking pictures of my cars.

• 1 month later...