Model Cars Magazine Forum

~Pontiac OHC 6 : Show Me Yours~

I just purchased one of the late 70's / early 80's issues of the old MPC 1969 Firebird / Trans Am ; the issue that's white with (thankfully optional) T-Tops and nifty decal graphics .

I've been wanting to have a Pontiac OHC 6 for use in another , future project ; this kit has that engine , plus some other neat-o vintage custom parts (Spyder wheels , custom tyres , and side pipes are of the most interest to me ).

Anywho , in the meantime , I'd like to see some of my fellow plastic fanatics builds of the 'little brother' OHC 6 . I'd like to see this engine parked in whatever project it was employed for ; I'd really be interested in seeing it in the boiler room of the Firebird kit .

P.S. , How is the rest of this kit ? Is it an under-detailled pile of junk , or is it decent and workable ?

Any chance this kit has a stock hood? Not the 400 or the T/A

Mike

Y'know ... I haven't taken note of its hood . By 'stock' and not the scooped version , you mean 'flat' ? Either way , I'm not sure ; I won't know until I receive the kit in about a week .

The body proportions of this particular kit never seemed right to me-----it on par with Monogram's original '69 Camaro kit. Compared to the modern versions of Revell's '69 Camaro it's lacking IMO. But for its time, it wasn't bad.

We REALLY need a full detailed, up to date kit of the '69 Firebird/Trans Am!

Sorry I should of been clear. My 69 Firebird kit also has the OHC 6. To build the 6cyl version I need the stock hood.{the flat one}. It seems that a stock hood does not exist. I did research the usual suspects and found nothing.The message boards turned up nothing.

If you just let me know if the kit has the stock hood I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Mike

Well , I received this kit today at 1545 HRS (PST) . Upon perusing its contents , I was plesantly surprised ! Certainly , this was only the kit's second issue ; originally a 1969 Annual , gussied-up nine years later for a "modified reissue" in 1978 .

Truly , I bought it primarily for its tyres , wheels (Spyders !) ,side pipes , and its cool Pontiac OHC 250 cube six (erroniously referred to as a "225 Inch" in the instructions) . Well , I'm so impressed by its clean casting (and virtually zero flash !) and better-than-expected details , that I'm going to build the car as a mild custom ("Day 2") from the 1969-era !