Model Cars Magazine Forum

72 Torino Wagon

this is your casting or one you bought? if yours, how much for a copy? if not, who/what/where? i have a vision.... Quincy's Medical Examiner ride, in shiny black, with a bodybag in the back..... yeah... macabre.

I have built 3 of Jeff's creations, and they are awesome quality! I loved the Ranchero

Ranchalm.jpg

That wagon is a must have! You're a GOD, Jeff! Thanks for the great work!

Jeff's 72 Wagon is one of the best things to happen to this hobby anytime recently.

When are these available?

A word to those who have never bought from Motor City before, the bumpers are so clean they barely need any prep for chrome. The last two I got I just wet sanded with 1500 grit and westleys and shipped them to Bob. They came back looking better than most kit chrome. Also, looking at your photo you have a very accurate body on that.

I can't wait to get my hands on a couple of those wagons!

Edited by Ayatollah

Lookslike you did a great job on it. I love the idea of a Quicy ME wagon, I've been going through my Emergency! DVDs taking screen shots of some of the ambulances for future builds, Quincy's wagon would fit right in for those patients Johnny and Roy couldn't help. :D

• 2 weeks later...

i do sell the 70 torino coupe. i also sell it as a fairlane. i just finished the molds to make it a 701/2 falcon too. theyre each 35.00 plus 7.50 s&H. some day im gonna do a 78 ranchero. i used to have a 1:1..but the wifey made me sell it

cool! i got a 78 LTD2 that i was give to me by my late grandmother. i drove it stock till the 302 died then built a 460 for it an raced it for awhile. its been a awesome car. if you ever build one and need picks of a 1.1 let me know i'll get em posted. i'ld love to see a ranchero or even a coupe.

NICE!! I'll have to purchase one of those.

One of my earliest car memorys is our 75 Torino wagon...metallic orange with brown vinyl interior. I've gotta build one of them someday...Yours will do for now!

Ayatollah, your Torino is the only one I've seen finished. I've seen it before but it sure is nice! :) I just got my bumpers back from Chrome Tech Bob in late November. Mine is going to powder blue (basic Testors 1208) to match one I've seen here several times locally.

You take a kit from Jeff, have Bob do the chrome..... it's going to turn out much better than any styrene kit out there. And thanks for the nice words. The wagon is stunning, absolutely a birdie as far as us mainstreamers are concerned. Or...... a Q-code 4 speed wagon!

Juha Airo did at least two of those Rancheros, one was red and I forget the other.....maybe yellow.

Jeff, was it you that just released a Hornet S/C 360? Or mastered it, don't remember which....

It looks very very good for our hobby, never been better!

Thanks again to all of our heroes, Jeff B, Model King Dave, Steve Kohler, Jack at Roundup, Parsons, about 70+ resin casters and photoetch czars.....You guys and gals (supportive spouses included) have brought us a much stronger and brighter hobby!

• 3 months later...
well, it took long enough..but its finally done

Nice work Jeff!!

Is there a Montego wagon conversion in the future? It would be nice to have a replica of my old 72 merc wagon before the Brady Bunch movie people got ahold of it......

Hey Jeff, Any chanch of getting just a 72 GT hood with the scoop ? I used the MK NASCAR to build a replica of my 1-1 460 powered drag car, and the only thing it needs to be perfect is one of your hoods !

Also, do you have a web site to see your resin ? As you can tell, I'm kinda new here.

Edited by GonzoTx