Model Cars Magazine Forum

FAMOSO Speed Shop Fuel Coupe

http://sgrallying.blogspot.com/2013/05/jrs-dragster-one-bad-hombre.html

First thing I thought when I saw these pictures was Slingster, either use the paint scheme on the Bantam body or get really ambitious and cut and paste a '32 Ford Vicky body and make your own.

I know that I have at least one old Small Pages article on how to cut up a Bantam Sedan up to make something similar to te Slingster body, it would be a whole lot of cutting to do though. When I saw the new Slingster for the first time I thought Fuel Coupe in all sorts of variations. This just reinforces that idea.

• 3 weeks later...

I remember seeing the Comp. Coupes and Roadster Dragsters run when I was a kid. None of them were ever built with this kind of attention to detail as the Famoso Comp. Coupe shown. Some of the early drag cars were a bit on the ragged side, they were race cars not show cars! Hopefully the Famoso Comp. Coupe makes one of the car magazines soon, it's an interesting subject.

They may have used tilt shift photography, but I have never seen it done this close up, so I am not sure

These are all actual pictures done this way

https://www.google.com/search?q=tilt+shift+photography&safe=off&client=firefox-a&hs=Xo1&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=fflb&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=2DA3U7u4KKHN2AW5iYDQBA&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=1920&bih=976