Model Cars Magazine Forum

My eyes have been opened wide just recently

use to just be a fred meyer and small hobby shop buyer

Finally finding cars that I've wanted to purchase in model form

I've seen these cars anywhere from $10-15

catch is they are on ebay or amazon

I keep hearing/ reading horror stories of only box art showing at the doorstep

Really don't want just a box

Can any one help point me towards a reliable seller?

I'm trying to build a collection because I want to eventually cast cars

for only myself and/or a few friends for when I'm bored and feeling creative

Well, There will be a model car show and swap meet in Portland at the end of the month..

I've only had One issue with Ebay Long ago by not paying attention to pics and assuming it was a complete kit.

PM me if you need info for the Portland SABA NNL Model show & Swap meet (March 29th)

Andrew, the key is from buying on Ebay is looking at the seller rating, as a rule, I dont buy from seller with a rating under 95% , and one more thing to remember, Ebay and Paypal 99% of the time always rule in the favor of the buyer, you really dont have anything to worry about, just do some home work on the buyer, read the feed back, look at the ratings.

Andrew, the key is from buying on Ebay is looking at the seller rating, as a rule, I dont buy from seller with a rating under 95% , and one more thing to remember, Ebay and Paypal 99% of the time always rule in the favor of the buyer, you really dont have anything to worry about, just do some home work on the buyer, read the feed back, look at the ratings.

x2 what he says. I'm even more critcal, if their rating is below 97% good I don't buy. I read 'all' the seller ratings before I buy, many times the bad ratings are not their fault. I've bought several kits off ebay in the last six months, all have been what they were supposed to be. I love ebay!

Edited by Speedfreak

EXACTLY.

Read the listing carefully, understand what is for sale, don't assume anything, and check the seller's rating and feedback posts.

In roughly 1500 eBay transactions now, I've encountered only a few problem sellers, and EVERY ONE was made right by PayPal / eBay. No worries.

The key to buying on ebay is to read the entire listing before you bid! I bought a box once because of that! :rolleyes: I was going to bite the bullet and pay for it ($5) until the seller sent the invoice and had changed the shipping rate to almost $20. Another thing to remember is when you see that kit that you had when you were a kid, remember that there will be many more listed down the road. Don't get caught up in a bidding war with someone. Ninety percent of my collection has come from ebay. I have always got great deals and only had one transaction go bad. But, I didn't lose a single penny. Just an old rare kit for cheap.

Well, There will be a model car show and swap meet in Portland at the end of the month..

I've only had One issue with Ebay Long ago by not paying attention to pics and assuming it was a complete kit.

PM me if you need info for the Portland SABA NNL Model show & Swap meet (March 29th)

Where is the show in Portland going to be? and what is the dates?

Thanks

The key to buying on ebay is to read the entire listing before you bid! I bought a box once because of that! :rolleyes: I was going to bite the bullet and pay for it ($5) until the seller sent the invoice and had changed the shipping rate to almost $20. Another thing to remember is when you see that kit that you had when you were a kid, remember that there will be many more listed down the road. Don't get caught up in a bidding war with someone. Ninety percent of my collection has come from ebay. I have always got great deals and only had one transaction go bad. But, I didn't lose a single penny. Just an old rare kit for cheap.

Yeah i don't think I'll bid on any 1:24/25 for more than $25 with out shipping.

I don't see the point in spending more if i can just kit bash and make one for $10

plus I love a very wide variety of cars shouldn't be too hard to walk away (knock on wood)