Model Cars Magazine Forum

'50 Ford Texaco Pickup

Another quick build. After building the Chevy I had the decals left over so, I thought, "Why not?"

I used Dupli-Color paints, Flame Red and Light Slate Met. Added wires for spark plugs on the Ardun heads, real oak wood on bed rails and bed floor, aluminum tube for exhaust tips, added the gas can from my parts box, and other than that it is box stock. Hope you enjoy looking and please leave comments.DSC06594_zpsf5991bbe.jpgDSC06595_zpsf667c04a.jpgDSC06596_zps65d1cd94.jpgDSC06597_zps5f731cde.jpg

Pretty barely begins to describe your high quality build! VERY nice choice of colours, to say the least. May I make one little suggestion? Dry brush the Ford script on the tailgate in white or black for a tiny added touch of contrast and uniqueness. It's the little things that make the difference. I am not condemning your work, believe me. It's far better than I could do by far! As a kid, I built the original AMT Trophy Series '53 Ford pickup as a Standard Oil pickup - white with red fenders - just like on end of the box. That was one of my favorite all time accomplishments and I do so want to do another just like it. Woodlands Scenics for model railroads even has the Standard Oil decals in the right size for the little truck and I already have them. Your little truck motivates me to dig a '53 out and just do it. Thank you for posting.

Edited by impcon

Thanks for all the comments, they all mean a lot to me, especially after seeing some of what you guys can do.

impcon, on 09 Mar 2014 - 7:33 PM, said: May I make one little suggestion? Dry brush the Ford script on the tailgate in white or black for a tiny added touch of contrast and uniqueness.

Thanks Gary, I will probably do this as suggested. I had been debating on what color to use and even thought of using green like in the T on the Texaco logo. Also not sure if I like the running boards being black, had thought of using the red or silver.

• 3 weeks later...