Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hi guys

I found this at a local antique store for $5 about 8 years ago. it already had the smoke discoloration,

and the paper based "Dannon Yogurt" decals were toast.

photo1.jpg

I'm not really sure about the scale (bumper to bumper it's right at 9 inches long)

photo2.jpg

I think it could be a place to start. it has a battery compartment (1-D cell) and light bulbs for the headlights and taillights.

I'm missing the lenses and all but the drivers door.

photo3.jpg

Kinda cute huh? :D

I've been looking for on of those for some time ... nice find! It's a 1970's Grumman Curbmaster step van kit and was sold at one time by Uptown Automotive ... 2 photos of it on that page. They don't respond at all, maybe out of business. I don't know who the original caster was.

I was looking for one because my son-in-law bought one to start a food truck business. I did find the one he got isn't a Grumman so I'll be scratch building it anyway.

I've been looking for on of those for some time ... nice find! It's a 1970's Grumman Curbmaster step van kit and was sold at one time by Uptown Automotive ... 2 photos of it on that page. They don't respond at all, maybe out of business. I don't know who the original caster was.

I was looking for one because my son-in-law bought one to start a food truck business. I did find the one he got isn't a Grumman so I'll be scratch building it anyway.

Uptown won't be selling any of their castings for the forseeable future- he's in the process of moving and recently lost his resin guy, so between that he has so far been unable to offer any of his resin products, and hasn't been able to update the site yet.

• 2 years later...