Model Cars Magazine Forum

1969 Charger 500 Pro Street

Speedpro

I built the Charger Daytona version which is basically the same kit and I had problems with that rear bumper as well... It didn't fit at all. I found out on mine that the gap where the bumper is supposed to go, is a bit too small. I ended up filing some material off from bottom of that gap to create a 'taller' gap for the bumper. After that it fit on place even though it wasn't en easy part to glue on place like that either. And this was done after my body was painted, cleared and polished too.

Here's a picture that might help a little. Sorry my picture editing skills are a bit rusty... :D

ChargerDaytona.jpg

That engine is looking spectacular. A true piece of art, excellent job.

Niko, That's exactly the area I'm having a problem with. I did get the bumper on the best I could by taking a little off the bottom. It needs to be rotated down but you can't do that because of the bumper guards. Looks terrible from the side, no so bad from the rear. I'm not going to try and do anything else to fix the issue as I feel lucky I was even able to get it on the car anyway!

Thanks fred for offering your assistance

Thanks for the comments everyone!

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

Engines in the car, radiator is installed and the grill is ready to put on. One of the last things I did was make a filler panel to go between the rad support and grill to fill the void. I think it helped finish the engine bay..............

misc%20charger%20002_zpslnmvtuh4.jpg

misc%20charger%20001_zpselerh2wy.jpg

misc%20charger%20003_zpsmnbjeflu.jpg

The grill was put on and i made a upper rad hose and put it in place...........

Well, This is my last post on this build. I think it's finished!! Oh Snap, That darn rear bumper fell off as I was showing the car to my wife before I was going to take some pictures! I hate that! Have already put the bumper back on and will take pictures before the rest of it falls apart.

Thanks to everyone who followed along during this build and appreciate all the great comments!

Paul

• 4 weeks later...

I LOVE the enginework, any good shots of the NOS piping you did?????

LOVE the car man, NICE job!

EDIT:

I went back a few pages and found decent pics of the fuel lines, NICE job man!

Edited by 426-Hemi

• 3 weeks later...

Wow! What is left to say? The whole build is a real inspiration, the scratchbuilding, the paint and color choices, that amazing engine, beautiful interior. You put the whole package together so well. Outstanding work Paul.

• 8 months later...