Model Cars Magazine Forum

that dang TROUBLE MAKER....orange n' suped, a '40 gas coupe

AC Norton

• 1 year later...

That DOES not like a fifty year old kit. Excellent Job!  Nailhead does look good.

....thanks, Alan, for your comments. I guess its just one of those 50 plus year old kits that stands the test of time a bit better than some. its basic, simple to build, yet it yields a pleasing result with a bit of effort. mind you, this newest issue has perfect chrome, the nice tires and slicks RC2 offers, and a great decal sheet. the nailhead  is a terrific feature here too, because even though its early 60s speed equipment is dated, with a minimum of effort  the engine setup can look great by merely ignition wires installed and some overall detailing with paints. I had never built a 40 Ford at all in my  48 years of kit building, but  I'm glad I did, and even grabbed a couple of more of this issue for future builds.....best,  the Ace....;)

I just counted the AMT 40 Fords in my stash. 5 Coupes, One Sedan, and 3 Sedan Deliveries. Two Lindberg/ Palmer Coupes as well. I need to throw one together in the month.

well, if your stock is that rich on 40s,,,,,one built soon is mandated, I would say. no matter your choice of rod, drag car, custom, you name it....I am certain you will enjoy the build.  looking back I truly encountered no real problems or hang ups, that I can recall. a month should allow plenty of time to come up with a great result, regardless of your build preference...please post the car for all to enjoy upon your completion.....the Ace...;)

Sure glad this one was brought back open.  Beautiful build of a classic kit.  My first ever model was the AMT Trophy Series '40 Ford Coupe that I got for Christmas in 1959; and just like some of the stuff on the streets today, it was an instant addiction.

thanks, Ricky.....model or actual 40 Ford,,,,,they are addictive for sure...lol......best, the Ace....:lol:

Sure glad this one was brought back open.  Beautiful build of a classic kit.  My first ever model was the AMT Trophy Series '40 Ford Coupe that I got for Christmas in 1959; and just like some of the stuff on the streets today, it was an instant addiction.

Wow Ace, that is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing this as this kit has just moved up my list of kits I want to build. .  Thanks.    Jeff 

......thank you, Jeff, for such a nice comment. funny, I have 2 more of this kit in stock, but its just not enough...lol....:lol:....the Ace...:lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On ‎6‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 3:53 AM, AC Norton said:

....I apologize for this post again, as I was trying to move photos to another section regarding the 39/40 Ford Sedan coming back out, but blew it somehow....again, sorry for this boys...the Ace..

Edited by AC Norton

On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 4:08 PM, GaryR said:

Nice build, the detailing of the kit parts makes a huge improvement! COOL!

....Thanks Gary....I was trying to post these pics on another thread here, but ended up bringing this post back from awhile back,,,,lol....anyhow, glad you like this one....the Ace...:D

Edited by AC Norton