Model Cars Magazine Forum

2013 Boss 302

martinfan5

On the topic of the body color, I think I am going in different diretion, more to come on that later, up first, a little more work on the engine, after looking at the pic, I see I need to touch up the valve covers in the holes and a few other spots , I used metalizer gun metal instead of a black , and I used Tamiya Brilliant Blue, so far, no issues with the build
IMG_2454_zps708d18ad.jpg
IMG_2449_zpsbe7bfbbc.jpg

I am sure you are waiting to see what shade of purple I am going with, well here it is, I am also going to be using the primer as well, thought I would give it a try

IMG_2476_zps3f141262.jpg

And started work on lowering the ride height , up first was the front, cut down the attachment point

IMG_2491_zps1c17d77f.jpg

and in the rear

IMG_2492_zps03e3b698.jpg

and cut down the springs

IMG_2489_zps5ebc9687.jpg

and removed a little bit off the top of the axle , just a tad bit to much as I cut through

IMG_2490_zps321b85d6.jpg

and now the new ride height, I wanted to go just a tad bit lower in the front, but that would mean having to break out the dremel and grinding down the under side of the wheel well, but there is not a lot of plastic that can be removed without going through

IMG_2482_zps8b407844.jpg

Edited by martinfan5

Oh Nooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!! It's turning into a plum crazy purple Mopar!

Just kidding! I have nothing against Mopars!......! :D.

Nice work so far! Your photos have some heavy shadows. Try moving around your lighting so the shine and body lines of the model show much better. (Just my 2 cents for what they are worth).

Edited by lambrakos