Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moebius Models Accessory Pack - Big Rig Wheel & Tire Set

Not sure if this is the right place to mention this, but I will anyway, I just noticed an Australian eBay seller offering a Moebius Models Accessory Pack Big Rig Chrome Wheels and Tyres #1010 in proper Moebius packaging. I hope there are more good things to come for the truck modeling fraternity!!

I am thinking of buying a set to try on a snap KW Aerodyne Conventional. They would be a darn sight better than those awful wheels and tyres that come with the kit. I two AMT builds that I abandoned some time ago. One is a Peterbilt 359. I think these might just work on this kit and give me the inspiration I need.

I bought one of these at my LHS last week for 18.99. They are a ten fold better than the snap kit wheels and tires. Only thing is I don't know what truck to put them on. I will be buying a few more hope they stick around.

If the first run is already sold out- I'll take that as a good sign and assume there will be a second at some point. The only reason I haven't used a set of Moebius wheels and tires on another truck kit is because then I'd have a Moebius International with no rolling stock... this would solve that little problem.

Oh, that's awesome.....Those wheels and tires WILL make the snaps that much better....Italeri has something out like this, but has a few too many other things in it that I won't use, and the wheels aren't chromed......Sometimes, that's all you need is some dadgum wheels......This will greatly facilitate some scratchwork for me..... :D Gonna look for those, right now....

Edited by kilrathy10

Oh, that's awesome.....Those wheels and tires WILL make the snaps that much better....Italeri has something out like this, but has a few too many other things in it that I won't use, and the wheels aren't chromed......Sometimes, that's all you need is some dadgum wheels......This will greatly facilitate some scratchwork for me..... :D Gonna look for those, right now....

I agree gonna make some scratch built trailers much more doable. Check model round up they have them for 18.50.

Wheels are nice, but unless Moebius went out and tooled up (or re-tooled) the tires then they're dubiously usable at best. I've never seen a single truck anywhere at anytime - mind you I've seen tens of thousands of them in 15 years of driving that have the "all position" rail/ship container tires Moebius made on the steer axle of a truck. I understand having 10 tires with the same tread was cheaper and all of that, but that has always been the one disappointment I've had with the ProStar & LoneStar, give me 8 of those container tires for the drive axles if you have to - I have seen them used there albeit a nice set of real highway truck tires would have be nicer, and then a nice set of steer tires for the front.

Wheels are nice, but unless Moebius went out and tooled up (or re-tooled) the tires then they're dubiously usable at best. I've never seen a single truck anywhere at anytime - mind you I've seen tens of thousands of them in 15 years of driving that have the "all position" rail/ship container tires Moebius made on the steer axle of a truck. I understand having 10 tires with the same tread was cheaper and all of that, but that has always been the one disappointment I've had with the ProStar & LoneStar, give me 8 of those container tires for the drive axles if you have to - I have seen them used there albeit a nice set of real highway truck tires would have be nicer, and then a nice set of steer tires for the front.

, We got you covered on tires! Very accurate tires with a few different tread types! Here's how our Bridgestone M722 and our New Michelin drive tires look on those Moebius wheels. http://bwicke9.wix.com/class-a-resin

post-2928-0-20020200-1395202742_thumb.jp

post-2928-0-06543500-1395203205_thumb.jp

post-2928-0-61479200-1395203217_thumb.jp

Edited by Ben

Hi,

I've ordered two sets. Thanks for the heads up! They'll go well with a resin W900L with studio sleeper I'm slowly building up parts for. I'm sure I can find a good use for the second set!

I think its pretty safe to say Moebius will have the sales to justify short production runs of these from time to time. After all, it must be pretty easy money.

It'd be good to have more stuff like this available to spruce up our rigs, especially stuff that is chromed or polished aluminium.