Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell LaFerrari

Bennyg

Hmmmm, I wonder if they're actual brand name (Bridgestone it looks like?) or gibberish, which is how some aircraft and armor models and resin upgrade are getting around licensing, with names like "CONTINENTAU" and "GOOO YEAB" Actual brand names are nice, but I'd take that over nothing.

Hmmmm, I wonder if they're actual brand name (Bridgestone it looks like?) or gibberish, which is how some aircraft and armor models and resin upgrade are getting around licensing, with names like "CONTINENTAU" and "GOOO YEAB" Actual brand names are nice, but I'd take that over nothing.

Anything is better then completely blank

I have the Tamiya version with unbelievable detail, working doors and branded tires.....I paid $40.00..........the Revell will most likely be $30.00+....( the Revell Enzo is selling for just under $30.00 and it is an old kit) so I ask you..........which is the better deal? I'll be very happy with my slightly more expensive Tamiya kit. Understand, I have no issues with Revell, I have a lot of their kits and love them.

While the specs of the real car are certainly impressive, and the model kit does look very detailed, all I see is a Ferrari doing a "duck face" picture.

+1 Haven't cared for a Ferrari Halo car since the F-40. I also like rotary phones, newspapers, analog cell phones with a little antenna you pull up. :D

Edited by The Junkman

I have the Tamiya version with unbelievable detail, working doors and branded tires.....I paid $40.00..........the Revell will most likely be $30.00+....( the Revell Enzo is selling for just under $30.00 and it is an old kit) so I ask you..........which is the better deal? I'll be very happy with my slightly more expensive Tamiya kit. Understand, I have no issues with Revell, I have a lot of their kits and love them.

If the RoG LaFerrari is like their previous Enzo kit, it will build into a decent representation with less opening parts but less finicky. I too have the Tamiya version, but I think there is likely room for both. For what its worth, the last Revell Enzo, the SNAP kit, was a big seller for them (per an interview I did with them last year just before IHOBBY).

I wish RoG would also do a F12 Berlinetta, but was told that will not happen as Fujimi has cornered that. Their is still a chance for 458 variants, though.

Edited by Exotics_Builder

• 4 weeks later...

There is a transkit available for the Fujimi 458 (but can be adapted for the Revell) available from EightyOne

http://www.eightyone81.com/category/products/transkit/

But it is $88 US including shipping.

I'd get that kit,but by the time I purchase the base kit and the trans kit from 81 I'm already in at least $100 bucks. I'm hoping a kit manufacturer produces the kit similar to what Aoshima did with the Rocket Bunny kit.But to be fair I could only see a Japanese company like Aoshima or Fujimi doing a kit like this,not even Tamiya.

I'd get that kit,but by the time I purchase the base kit and the trans kit from 81 I'm already in at least $100 bucks. I'm hoping a kit manufacturer produces the kit similar to what Aoshima did with the Rocket Bunny kit.But to be fair I could only see a Japanese company like Aoshima or Fujimi doing a kit like this,not even Tamiya.

Right now Aoshima is the one with the Liberty Walk licensing rights (other than 81's resin pieces), so it would have to come from them. That would require them to tool up a Ferrari 458, and that's not going to happen since Fujimi & Revell of Germany seem to hold all the licensing from Ferrari for the past decade, and Aoshima seems to be focused on getting the most out of their licensing agreements with Toyota, Nissan, Subaru, McLaren & Lamborghini right now. So you might see, say a Liberty Walk Aventador, or a Liberty Walk GT-R...

Right now Aoshima is the one with the Liberty Walk licensing rights (other than 81's resin pieces), so it would have to come from them. That would require them to tool up a Ferrari 458, and that's not going to happen since Fujimi & Revell of Germany seem to hold all the licensing from Ferrari for the past decade, and Aoshima seems to be focused on getting the most out of their licensing agreements with Toyota, Nissan, Subaru, McLaren & Lamborghini right now. So you might see, say a Liberty Walk Aventador, or a Liberty Walk GT-R...

Yea I kinda figured the odds were not good at all,but hey if they were to do the GT-R that would easily make up for it.