Model Cars Magazine Forum

What is it? # 04 FINISHED!

Remember, don't post any hints or answers here!!! Send me a PM with the correct make model and year of this beauty:

31073021.7f7892c7.800.jpg
The answer is:
The car is a 1927 HE six cylinder 16/65HP. HE stands for Herbert Engineering. Very British.
Edited by Lovefordgalaxie

So you quizzed us with a car that can't be found on the internet? Next week I won't waste my time.

Very funny!!!

If it's not online it doesn't exist.

There are those modern things that carry information and don't need a battery, or any special program to work. They are called books, and were used by people to research all sorts of things trough all history.

Researching on a book is too hard? Don't have any books to research on? I pity you, oh technology dependent creature with no culture. That's why the world is going to the hole.

By the way, I found the car on a Belgian webpage, just a few minutes ago. Just because I scanned it from a book, it doesn't mean it is not online.

http://www.triumph-belgium.be/pages/hier/petite%20histoire.htm

Not all of us have books full of cars. Oh, by the way, I am not "internet generation." I have walls covered in books, just not on old cars. I searched online with the details you gave as the answer and failed to find it BEFORE I made the comment. My earlier comment stands. You seem to be having fun by posting cars that no one can find. Fine. I won't waste my time looking, and you can pretend I wasted hours and didn't find it. That way we'll both be happy.

I am not of the Internet Generation . I struggle constantly . With my disabilities I need challenging tasks . I may not get them right , in fact I have yet to get one right . Memory is an awful thing to loose . You and Harry ; I appreciate you both for these . Thanx ..

I am not of the Internet Generation . I struggle constantly . With my disabilities I need challenging tasks . I may not get them right , in fact I have yet to get one right . Memory is an awful thing to loose . You and Harry ; I appreciate you both for these . Thanx ..

Thanks John. It's great to know that you liked it!!

The most important thing is not to find the correct answer, but to have a good time looking for it, at least for me it's the way it is.

Not to mention all the cool cars you find while looking!!

I'm going to put my two cents in here.

I thought the whole point/idea for the ID Quiz is to see who remembers, or knows, of a certain car that is featured.

I didn't realize that it was a race to see who could search the Internet, or their bookshelves, to see who would be the FIRST ONE to look it up and find it.

Maybe it's just me.

Probably is.

I think it would be cool to have someone who remembered the car, or someone had a relative who had one, and the memories and stories that would be told.

I didn't know it was about winning by Googling...

I'm going to put my two cents in here.

I thought the whole point/idea for the ID Quiz is to see who remembers, or knows, of a certain car that is featured.

I didn't realize that it was a race to see who could search the Internet, or their bookshelves, to see who would be the FIRST ONE to look it up and find it.

Maybe it's just me.

Probably is.

I think it would be cool to have someone who remembered the car, or someone had a relative who had one, and the memories and stories that would be told.

I didn't know it was about winning by Googling...

To some IT IS all about winning by googling, and that led to the cheaters problem Harry was so sad about.

On my edition of the game, I use pictures that can't be googled, and genuine research, or like you said genuine memories have to be used to find out what the car is.

I think that is the reason that make some individuals to complain about this edition of the game, and I have a very low tolerance level with cheaters and people that like to do things the easy way. Thank God I'm not a moderator, so I can say to them what I think about their complains.

On the other side, we have people that do play the game with the objective of having fun, and not of being the first giving the correct answer. Those, are the ones that usually take more time, their fun time, but "amazingly" end finding the correct answer!!!

Since the beginning I said I was going to use different cars than Harry. I was going to use productions cars, but also one off cars and prototypes, and of course the last two tend to be very obscure.

People that are complaining about what is a CHARACTERISTIC of this edition of the game, never bothered to read the definitions I stated on the first edition.

I think Túlio understands the spirit of this little game we play. And I say "Well played, sir!"
If it was easy, where would the challenge be?
But... please do throw us a bone every now and then! So us Derps can guess correctly
:D

I think Túlio understands the spirit of this little game we play. And I say "Well played, sir!"

If it was easy, where would the challenge be?

But... please do throw us a bone every now and then! So us Derps can guess correctly :D

Thank you for understanding Jon.

Don't worry, I just didn't have the chance to post the less complicated to find cars yet ;)