Model Cars Magazine Forum

1968 Shelby Fog Lamps

OK! I'm at the point in my '59 Impala build that I'm starting to have my mind set on my next project. It looks like it might be this...............

photo-vi.jpg

photo-vi.jpg

For those of you that don't know, this was a one off Shelby nicknamed "The Green Hornet". It ran an electronically fuel injected 428, and had an independent rear--------both unheard of in this type of car in 1968!

I indeed did build this one a long time ago (1996?), but I'd like to do a much improved one as I have all of the bits and pieces to do another. All of the bits and pieces except for one thing-------those fog lamps. Is there a kit out there that has those lamps, and that are separate pieces such as the housings and lenses? Not the junky things that are in the '68 Shelby kit......those just won't do!

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can give!

One of the cars on my all time wish list is the '68 Mustang convertible!!!!!!

What kit are you starting with?

Thanks,

Joe.

Joe, it's going to be a kitbash of several different kits. The '68 Shelby, the '66 Mustang in which I'll be using its roof, part of its beltline and rear quarters, and the '67 Shelby for the floorpan and mechanical bits. I've got the correct ten spokes from GMP with nice tires to go with it. This'll be a bit before I get started......I want to get the '59 Impala to the point where the body is painted and drying before I start work on it.

Interesting you mention the convertible........it was a choice between the '68 Shelby Convertible or the Green Hornet. The latter won out as to me it's just a cooler looking car!

Keith Marks has the decals for the Green Hornet.

Yup! I got 'em! ;)