Model Cars Magazine Forum

Scale Used Car Lot...

i was rummaging through my stored models this evening trying to determine exactly WHAT i have, other than a literal PILE of 49 fords (my favorite kit!) in varying styles... i found that i have several near-duplicate builds going on! not to mention left-over donor kits that aren't QUITE ready to scrap. for some reason i have four GT500 kits in one box, sans engines and wheels... don't know WHAT that was about. found my old Watson roadster (wonderful kit!) that i ruined the decals for... and my oldest surviving build, a red Johan 64 Polara... sadly, the chrome is fading and i don't want to disassemble it to repair it.

i must have modelers' ADD.... wow that's pretty. gotta build one of those....

Yea!!! I know what you mean!!! I have so many boxes of junk models in the basement that I can no longer keep track of whats in them!! Sometimes I will open a box and its like getting a present because I do not know whats in them!! I too have this habit of collecting the same thing. For years now I have had a facination with the Revellogram '70 Boss Mustangs and probley have at least 50 of them but I have only built one in all my years!!! And it was a re-build from a glue bomb!! Lets not talk about my 1/8 collection........ :P KT

Edited by KT EASTMAN

a present from me, that i don't remember buying! cool concept, and currently to satiate my plastic lust i've been working on a lindberg 53 victoria that i must have had for 5-6 years! i found it while rummaging and it wasn't halfway done, so i picked up from there in a custom vein, converting it to a 2dr sedan sort of, i know the victoria roof is WAY different, but it's just a model.

i was rummaging through my stored models this evening trying to determine exactly WHAT i have, other than a literal PILE of 49 fords (my favorite kit!) in varying styles... i found that i have several near-duplicate builds going on! not to mention left-over donor kits that aren't QUITE ready to scrap. for some reason i have four GT500 kits in one box, sans engines and wheels... don't know WHAT that was about. found my old Watson roadster (wonderful kit!) that i ruined the decals for... and my oldest surviving build, a red Johan 64 Polara... sadly, the chrome is fading and i don't want to disassemble it to repair it.

i must have modelers' ADD.... wow that's pretty. gotta build one of those....

Yeah, me too!

Grabowski & Ivo T's, (both in final shape, but pre-paint and all apart; found in the Laurel & Hardy '25 T Roadster box!)

My replica of my first Roadster: a '30 Model A Cabriolet, channeled 6" over a Deuce frame (model is a 'Cherry Pie' '30 sedan delivery cowl & doors, upper frames trimmed off. Rear section is a '29 Roadster, as the real one got, for too much rust in the '30 rear. My model got a retrofit '32 Revell 3-window Coupe frame, as the AMT Vicky frame was SO not-'32-ish)

Three '29 Highboys: Revell '32 frames, AMT '29 Rdstr bodies. All flathead cars...very authentic, as there are Monogram hydraulic backing plates, ("Son of Ford") Banjo rears with Quickies (2 of 'em, the 3rd is just a banjo)

3 Thirty-Two highboy Rdstrs, 2 are '70s kit Monogram, fenders trimmed off the fender/frame platform, and laminated .006" Evergreen on front rails firewall forward. One of 'em waited long enough for its 'rough-in' to get a '32 frame out of the Revell Highboy! (the seat and body are the '70's release, almost identical to the new release! But the older Monogram seat is much more authentic than the new one. (This one also got the Bell dropped tube, but '40 Ford drum brakes)

I found some T Roadster projects, too...Blackie Gejian's "Shish-Kebob Spl., Anderegg Rdstr., (both cars shared the AMBR Trophy at Oakland, 1955; (I have the original chassis from the real Anderegg Rdstr, am restoring it to 1955 status) Highland Plating Special, "original Black Widow", (a '25 T Rdstr w/bustle, low with motorcycle fenders, racecar nose, full hood, 59-AB Flathead) "Original Black Widow" appeared in local car shows around Northern Calif. from '52- '56, after which it was sold and street-driven. Chet Carter owned it for awhile, in San Jose.

Some trivia here: The Black Widow '27 R/PU that Monogram modeled from was owned by a gent who resided in Winton, CA., 7 miles from our door. Anyway, the car was stored in its original garage all these years, discovered in 1999 by Wyatt Bowman, (self-purported Model Guru and President of the Retro-formed 'Pharoahs', in honor of American Graffiti.) (Widow was showable as he found it, now he's talking about having the Y-block Ford replaced with a SBC! Some people's kids) :unsure: