Model Cars Magazine Forum

Merry Christmas!!!!!

This is a season to really reflect on the year past, as we have the day off today (Saturday) and hopefully the shopping is nearly over. As for me, I joined the ModelCarsMag forum in 2007, and even though one would expect a guy that has been building and competing for over 50 years to be a little shopworn, I still have the original enthusiasm. Only this forum has magnified it, with your great builds, good words, and cammaderie, guys. From this old duffer, thanks so much.

I am also thankful to have become friends with Jefbo, who I encourage to review his work in his posts, and moreso, his work in the art section. The core group of our club meets at his house in South Beach Miami every Thursday, and it is one of those things you just look forward to.

Plus, I realized that I can still build. I love sectioning, channeling, opening doors and trunks, and fabricating. My style is sort of a sixties throwback, by trying to retain the best elements of the design of the car, yet modifying it to remove the clutter, and enhance the looks with new headlights, taillights and outline. I will be finishing my next street rod I ahve been puttering around with is an AMT 29 Ford Roadster on a 32 Vicky frame. OH, yes, my first two Mopars, a Chrysler 300 turned into a two door, and a 71 GTX in Black Metallic Pearl with gray and yellow interior and chassis parts.

This hobby is nothing short of marvelous, and to me this is the Golden Age.

Ken "FloridaBoy" Willaman

Hi.....Have a Very Merry Christmas with your love ones and friends , and a Wonderful Happy New Year ...God Bless you all.............''Above and Beyond''...........Barbo.

This has been a great time for me, this year...I am back to building, (actively, I mean...Four projects that were 'back-burnered' are back up on the bench.)

I found this site, and asked some questions: Bang! Great answers, and I just got a Revell Merc, (which a kind member guided me through, and found me the thread for shimming the 'A' pillar for the proper 'teardrop' shape. Many thanks!)

I am presently building models of all the cars I have ever had (since my chopped '36 3-window in '55!

There has been a lot of them)

Pics to follow, when I get the act down on posting. (found thread, have to study through it)

Merry Christmas to all, from an old modeler and 1:1 builder. And God bless us, every one. :P

Merry Christmas to you Marcos and a happy holiday to everybody on this forum. I really do feel like a part of a great community here and I hope everyone has the best year ever in 2008! :P

200% agreed, Manuel!! This has been a great forum for sharing frustrations, ideas and accomplishments!!

Thanks, Marcos, for starting this post...and...Merry Christmas to you and your family, as well!! :P;):P

Thanks to Gregg and the crew for keeping this an open forum with few rules and restrictions!! :P:P:P