Model Cars Magazine Forum

1960 Ford Sunliner

Jim Gibbons

I'll finally have a model to match my avatar. I'm building this to match the 1:1 version I had over 30 years ago, in the same color scheme. The parting lines, etc., are sanded, and it's about ready for paint. It's an original kit, so painting the three tone black/red/white interior will be a bit tricky with the original tub design. It'll be fun, though, and hope to have it done this spring.

post-6100-0-93853500-1395098040_thumb.jp

post-6100-0-35966100-1395098073_thumb.jp

Edited by Jim Gibbons

Thanks, folks. Spring is almost here, and I can paint soon. I will be doing a trade to get a rechromed grille/bumper part, as there's some wear on the chrome on this. This was a builder that was stripped, etc., but all the parts are there, including the wheelcovers. I had a love/hate relationship with the 1:1, but it was a fun car. There was nothing like crusing with the top down on a summer's evening in the Hudson Valley and Catskills. I took it to see "More American Grafitti" at a drive in with a friend, and everyone already parked flashed their lights and beeped horns when I pulled in with it.