Model Cars Magazine Forum

'50 Chevy Pickup with LT-1

I started this one with a resin cab with a chopped top and the quarter windows removed. I used the AMT pickup with the custom parts on the bed. Since it had Corvette tailights a lightbulb went on in my head! Why not go with a Corvette theme? I wanted the lakester look so I already had decided on the Moons. Looking back I probably should have just used the Corvette wheels. I robbed parts from a '93 AMT Vette and the rearend from the Monogram '37 Ford.

Had a few issues with the resin body. First the kit hood would not fit so, I heated the body in warm water to reshape the cowl. Then after I painted it with Dupli-Color primers and Model Master Green Go, I noticed the rear of the cab had caved in . Upon reheating the body to reshape it I was afraid I had ruined my paint. Forunately the water marks buffed out with Meguiars Scratch X2.0 later.

A fun build that went a different direction than I had originally intended. No windshield wipers, antennas or mirrors but, strangely has AC. :lol: Enjoy.50ChevyPickupGreen014_zps8f62611f.jpg50ChevyPickupGreen013_zps9d9c5653.jpg50ChevyPickupGreen011_zps933e3499.jpg50ChevyPickupGreen025_zps5be4f879.jpg

very nice, I would have matched the motor with more of a resto mod theme'd wheel , or stuck a classic engine with the wheel choice, but that's me. Otherwise looks awesome

Me too but, it's just a model. I am thinking more about the use of big brakes and cooling with some other wheels but, like I said I changed directions on this one after the wheel choice. I would have preferred more retro, the Corvette tailights threw me off.

Thanks guys for the other comments also and please leave criticisms also. I still consider myself a rookie.

Thanks guys, this one will probably die now, I never seem to get many comments on pickups. Out of he 13 comments so far 4 of them are mine. When you think of all the people in the whole world and only 9 people commented, I didn't make much of an impact on the modeling world with this one. I am thankful for the comments I did receive. It's really harder than this to get a comment from my Wife. Anyway thanks for looking.

Edited by rmvw guy

If it's not too late to drop a compliment, I would like to add how clean and uncluttered the build is. It is a classic pickup body, but has a streamlined appearence, like it would do very well in a wind tunnel to test for drag.

Love them LT1 motors. Here is a pic of my stroker LT1 after the LS7 coil pack conversion last summer.

post-11826-0-92067700-1395421185_thumb.j

Edited by formula1129