Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mock up looks really good. 

X's 2

You have  this one looking real good. A classic hot rod style from back in the day! Chromed steelies , white walls ,  Oh yeah!!

Be Well

Gator

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

You ever have one of those projects that just stump you? You think it is going along nicely, then you just hit a block. That happened here. Most if this is my fault to be sure. I do not test fit, or dry fit enough for example. At any rate, a while back, I swapped out the hobby room to a larger room in the house. Our 2 year old grandson is not stopped by things such as baby proof door knob thingys (he even removed the baby proof latch from the fridge), so I resorted to putting hook and eye latches at the tops of doors, like bathrooms, model room etc. Well, before I could finish organizing the room, seems I forgot to latch that top latch before heading to work one morning. My wife said she found him in my model room, sitting at my desk but could not tell if he had gotten into anything. I had to wait until I got home to find out. He had pretty much left everything in the room alone, except this project. It was not even on the desk yet in the new room, so not sure why he grabbed it, but the chassis suffered from only have a drag arm come off, but as the body was not attached fell off, found it just sitting on the floor. Fearing the worst, I only found the one corner impact had cracked the paint on the side of the body, and chipped the paints front edge. The scratch is a little more visible in person, but not awful, so given the issues I have had with this paint not curing, I will live with the minor crack and touched up the chip. BUT.....I have to wrap this one up. Modelzona is in two weeks. The interior is in, chassis complete, just have to mount the body, grill, lights, and bed, then a bit of wiring, and call it done. THen I will have to polish the dust out of this soft point one final time. (shot it back around March, still not rock hard, it may never be)

SAM_0745.JPG

SAM_0746.JPG

Edited by Modelbuilder Mark

• 2 weeks later...

The above two pics were from last night, just could not get them uploaded. Tonight, I got the gas tank mounts in place in the bed, got the lower radiator hoses on, side step plates to reach into the bed. I will have to get creative with the headlights, The bar no longer spans the fenders as the grill sits farther forward than I planned. (upcoming new-years resolution, test/trial fit more)

SAM_0752.JPG