Model Cars Magazine Forum

How Its Made Tv

A TV did show how models where produced about 6-7 years ago before Revell sent production overseas. I think it was on discovery. I remember them showing people removing the sprue from the body before it got bagged. the lady yanked the sprue right of the body. which IIRC was a 69 Camaro convertible. that explains why the body was damaged on the sprue side of some Revell bodies

Motorweek on PBS did a segment on model kit making years ago............IIRC it was when the Revell Pro Modeler '69 Charger Daytona was about to be released, because they had shown the wooden buck for the body on one of the tables in the background..

Terry, I seem to remember the lady pulling off the sprue off the '69 Camaro 'vert body before it got bagged, so Discovery Channel could have been there the same day to do a segment. :)

Edited by MrObsessive

Craig Singhaus of Motorweek originally did the segment on the Revell factory. IIRC, the segment was called "On The High Road"................ The segment started off showing him trying to put together what looked like a 1/12 scale Revell '65 Shelby Mustang GT-350! B)

Maybe you could do a search on Motorweek's Website and check out their archived shows. I may do a search on it later myself.................but there's quite a few years (and shows) to dig through. :o

I'm up now to get the last minute things done before the big day! B)

Thanks MrO,

I hear ya, right now my modeling area is NP Elves Inc. (dba/ Santas Little Helpers ) wrapping/shipping department

too much coffee :blink::P:lol::blink:

Merry Christmas y'all, Happy Holidays

PS. When wrapping presents try a hot glue gun instead of Scotch tape, its quicker and more durable ............a lil dab will do ya

Edited by Dead Gargoyle