Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Firestone "superstones" Trio

with all the hype of the newly re issued superstones f 350 truck

i had overlooked somewhere about there being 3 vehicles by ford with firestones tires

the f150 truck with the offroad tires

the ford courier mini truck performance tires?

and ford econoline van regular street tires?

i just got a sweepstakes magazine ad from flea bay will post image as soon as i get it!

i have the courier mini truck kit, and now the newly issued superstones f 350

and i recently got a van junklot thats in my striptank! i would love to build the "triage" of all 3 will probly nee the most help with the econoline!

should be fun!!

Edited by MsDano85gt

i would love to build the "triage" of all 3 will probly nee the most help with the econoline!

"That word; I don't think it means what you think it means." - Inigo Montoya

noun

noun: triage
(in medical use) the assignment of degrees of urgency to wounds or illnesses to decide the order of treatment of a large number of patients or casualties.
I think the word you are looking for is either "triad" or "trio". Still, it's a great idea to build the set. I've never seen the van as a kit; was it done?

Sounds real cool. Are you going to decal the van like the trucks??

from what i saw on the ad picture the van is waaaay tall so the decals even if somone offered some up for free from the new stones kit would literally fall short!

i think i will have to mask an hand draw my own flame design and go that way but yes it will be flamed probly not decals tho :D

kudos to round 2 i checked the new re issued super stones kit appears the tires actuallyy have "firestone" markings molded on the tires,

the little brother courrier kit acrually have what looks to be "ss" radials i want to say the super sports on the van were the regular firestone tires found commonly in many muscle era kits...... now to find some of those mags similar to the ones on the van very close spoked mag

have the courior probly the farthest along working on painting the white now i already laid down some red, mite have hurt myself tho? it i suppose makes more sense to spray a white/ lighter color then the darker color?

the decals are so far off in color from the red i may just trace them to the body as a stencil mask off the body and paint it that way??

will get some pics as soon as i can....... the econoline junklot vans i got off flea bay are almost completely stripped, 1 was a original issue "vantom" phantom van if i cannot get all the paint off the body i may have to ask around on here to see if anyone has one of the reissed ones........

that has fender flares in it? i think? would be a great canidate for the econoline part of the build.....

It's better to paint the light color(white) first, then the dark(red). It prevents the red bleeding through the white. You can make stencils with the decals onto blue painters tape, or find different paint. It is a pain to find matching paint right off the bat, but you might get lucky.

Sounds like you're off to a great start! Looking forward to seeing pictures when you get a chance!!!

Did you notice the F-350 reissue has two sets of gauge panel decals? If you don't mess up decaling the F-350 dash, you should be able to use the remaining three on the Econoline.

i did notice that, nice suggestion! i always cut out the decal with my small surgical scissors, lay guages into the dash then clear white glue over them

I hav the cuckoo nest van and,a reissue of the phantom and an original the vantom or vice versa and a stock version of the same minus the body so if yu need any pars for yours don't be afraid to ask.

thank you much :)

I just sent off some parts today not expecting anything in return

awww man! the cu

think if i win this van it will be beneficial to the econoline superstones it has a custom grille, and a wing on top!

_3_zps4dabd13f.jpg
_4_zpse14fb7c0.jpg

first model i ever built, waaaay back when you could get it at wahlgreen's :rolleyes:

"That word; I don't think it means what you think it means." - Inigo Montoya

noun

noun: triage
(in medical use) the assignment of degrees of urgency to wounds or illnesses to decide the order of treatment of a large number of patients or casualties.

I think the word you are looking for is either "triad" or "trio". Still, it's a great idea to build the set. I've never seen the van as a kit; was it done?

i'm very sure I meant "trio" it was late when I posted as usual i'm sure not to mention I think mississippi may be rubbing off on me i feel really un smarter every day sometimes ( I intentionally made that last sentence make me sound very dumb) lol And i sure don't know how to edit my original post.......

wow Knarf models at walgreens my how the times have changed!!

my wife has worked for walgreens for almost the better part of 10 years...... no models now :(

the coo coo is in the mail look forward to seeing it get here and the superstones ad, so i can compare that wing and the grill

looking forward to progressing all 3 vehicles evenly we'll see how that goes..... ;)

got the "coo coo" van missing a few pcs glad i didn't end up paying that much for it, i think i will have to stick to a "phantom" or "vantom" style ford econloline that foes not say "chateau" up at the front where econoline normally goes......

back to square one i suppose the bodys i had in my dip tank are too far gone from glue to be of use guess i will have to round up a 40% off and hit up hobby lobby's again to see if they still have phantom vans......

the coo coo did have the wing spoiler for the roof! Grooovy!!

wow Knarf models at walgreens my how the times have changed!!

my wife has worked for walgreens for almost the better part of 10 years...... no models now :(

the coo coo is in the mail look forward to seeing it get here and the superstones ad, so i can compare that wing and the grill

looking forward to progressing all 3 vehicles evenly we'll see how that goes..... ;)

yeah...we're talkin early/mid 70's here :lol:

does anyone have the open mag wheels that came in the amt/ mpc pontiac gto kits? want to say 67' gto? those wire spokes were open and they were fairly close together probly better represent the stones van rims than the ones I found it is the same gto found in the amt muscle car trio set with the torino and hurst olds