Model Cars Magazine Forum

bad bird

brett

what was once going to be my summit pro stocker is now just a fantasy car due to 3 bad sets of decals. I did scan and print and still have the old body ready to go when that issue is sorted ( going to paint all the white (purples done) and get aftermarket ones). anyhow wanted to get a quick build done and play with a couple paint ideas and here's the fruit of my labour

DSCF2053_zps5b676eca.jpg

DSCF2054_zpsd7813a63.jpg

DSCF2051_zps4a264896.jpg

DSCF2049_zps5e647c39.jpg

DSCF2052_zpsd58500a0.jpg

the paint (auto lacquer) is a gold basecoat which I masked out the letters with some scrapbooking letters, for the checks at the back I'd masked off the back,cut out the pattern, removed the corresponding squares and sprayed silver over the top fading it in places the covered it all in about 3 coats of candy red. So depending on the light and angles you look at it the checks have a bitchen ghost effect. Skulls are temporary tattoos. Still have to do the chutes and mounts and a few decals but pretty happy with it so far

• 1 month later...

Thanks guys. Bob, the same way as applied to skin, it just takes longer. Lay it where you want it, apply pressure with a reasonably warm wet cloth for a few minutes, very carefully lift a corner to see it its sticking to the car,if not carefully lay it back down and apply the wet cloth again. I didnt clear these ones as it was a last minute decision and the glass was already installed. I'd probably go for Future before using an actual clear over them.

DSCF2412_zps13a1cb9d.jpg

DSCF2413_zpsbd0e0052.jpg

DSCF2411_zps81bc942b.jpg

DSCF2409_zpsd6aa0cd2.jpg