Model Cars Magazine Forum

Yellow '57

Lovefordgalaxie

This one is painted Inca Gold. It's a very light and greenish tone of yellow, but somehow under the sun my camera makes it POP and one needs sun glasses to look at it.

13356221385_81cd493f29_c.jpg

This is a indoor picture:

13346825814_2238b22e90_c.jpg
And a Thunderbird painted the same color:
13356401565_422491643f_c.jpg
This one is also supposed to be Inca Gold:
13359038125_289ea08b22_c.jpg
And this is a 1957 Ford brochure showing the color:
This is one of the hardest colors to photograph I ever tried to take pictures of.
Even looking online, the color changes so dramatically from one picture to the other, that I had to trust the old Duco number to have it mixed. and it matched 99% the paint chip on my original 1957 Ford color catalog.
Under fluorescent light, it looks almost light green.
I think that Ford was pioneer on a chameleon color :lol:
Edited by Lovefordgalaxie

Another incredible '57 Ford from your bench. You sure know how to put these kits together and these builds are great reference material as I'm building my '57 Ford Police Car currently. Paint job is fantastic and overall it looks like a very sharp model, as your builds always do. Gotta love the combination of body colored Steelies and Dog Dishes!

Are there any problems with these kits? I mean that if I have to watch out some parts fits etc?

Another incredible '57 Ford from your bench. You sure know how to put these kits together and these builds are great reference material as I'm building my '57 Ford Police Car currently. Paint job is fantastic and overall it looks like a very sharp model, as your builds always do. Gotta love the combination of body colored Steelies and Dog Dishes!

Are there any problems with these kits? I mean that if I have to watch out some parts fits etc?

No fit issues. Just glue the windshield as high as it can go so it won't hit the dash, and you will have a smooth sail all along. sanding about 1mm at the bottom of the windshield also does the trick.

The only hard to install part is the lower radiator hose.

I also would strongly recommend that you glue the bumper brackets to the frame before painting the frame and installing it on the floor panel.