Model Cars Magazine Forum

2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible

Jay

I made this from the pre-decorated Maisto kit available since Revell has no plans on doing the C7 Corvette. I added brake rotors from an old Jada kit and the interior was painted using pics I found on the Chevy website. I also added a few PE goodies here and there. This simple kit builds up nicely!

10338121416_5ffc53f573_c.jpg

10338081296_88feeac1cf_c.jpg

10338112706_70c0762153_c.jpg

10338075035_3ac05cc8e7_c.jpg

Very nice Jay.

So you have confirmation Revell is not doing the C7 Vette?

It is true for the mean time that Revell will not be doing the C7, but I cant go in details as why, but part of the issue that was stated in another thread is GM is not ready to share the info about the car yet

It is true for the mean time that Revell will not be doing the C7, but I cant go in details as why, but part of the issue that was stated in another thread is GM is not ready to share the info about the car yet

I saw that somewhere..which is very strange, considering the diecast companies like Mattel and Maisto already have them out. But given Revell's usual slow pace it probably wouldn't be out until 2016.. :)

Edited by Rob Hall

Thanks Jay. Disappointing news for sure. I got this link about the promos but they don't know who doing them yet.

I just posted under General that there will be both a 2014 Pace Car promo & a 2015 convertible pormo coming out this fall. Since Round 2 did the molds for the previous promos then used them to do kits I would guess that we'll see snap kits eventually.

rob w