Model Cars Magazine Forum

First Look .... MPC's refreshed Ohio George Montgomery Malco Gasser Mustang

SteveG

Here's one that I've been waiting to get my hands on. I'm going to highlight the changes for now starting with the box art and decals, you can see all the photos at the link below.
Malco01-vi.jpg
Malco02-vi.jpg
Malco03-vi.jpg

Malco04-vi.jpg
I'll get to the parts next .....
Edited by SteveG

Here's the rest of the parts. If I missed any other changes please feel free to point them out, I'm no expert on this kit by any means.

Malco10-vi.jpg

Malco12-vi.jpg

Malco14-vi.jpg

Malco13-vi.jpg

That should cover it ... there some additional photos at the link below.

http://public.fotki.com/SteveG26/67-mustang-malco-gasser-/

This puppy is going on the workbench tonight ..... I should have some in progress photos starting this weekend. Stay tuned ......

-Steve

the SOHC engine here...how does it rate? is it used in other kits, or is it noticeably better or worse than other company's offerings?

thanks for posting this, its always nice to see what you are going to get when you open the box lid.

jb

Greg...to answer your question above:

The same basic kit was updated to the 1969 body shell, Boss 429 engine (if memory serves correctly), new Ohio George "Mr. Gasket" graphics, and a one-piece clear body shell. It was available in two different box arts during 1969 & 1970, but never reissued after that.

A couple of years ago, Round 2 hinted in one of their newsletters that this second 1969 version might be under consideration for reissue as well, but nothing further has developed to date that I have heard about.

TIM

Edited by tim boyd

So the body ,,, ft and rear sections are correct for the car it's trying to represent ?

sorry for the questions, but the Gassers never did much for me back then .

But if the kit is right for the car it's depicting I may have to pick one up for the future

So.....do I modify the AMT 67 (which I have a couple minus chassis....great for Johan Mavericks) with a previous re-issue or should I wait for this to hit the shelves?

I'm not sure this body is right but its a lot closer....

Not sure which decals are better, these or Slixx.

when I saw the chrome tree and there are sidepipes in it, I was confused at first... then the "street racer" reissues popped up! any more info on how well the SOHC is represented in this one? love that engine..... built an F350 kit years ago with one in it.

• 2 weeks later...