Model Cars Magazine Forum

First Look .... MPC's refreshed Ohio George Montgomery Malco Gasser Mustang

SteveG

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Playing around with this kit and I can't find the rear coil springs. Supposed to be part # 123 chromed. Has anyone else had this ? If it were Revell no problem, but round 2 thinks you might want to steal a part and mail or drive your kit back to seller. Ive looked at plain plastic and chromed and these old eyes just can't find them. Help

Playing around with this kit and I can't find the rear coil springs. Supposed to be part # 123 chromed. Has anyone else had this ? If it were Revell no problem, but round 2 thinks you might want to steal a part and mail or drive your kit back to seller. Ive looked at plain plastic and chromed and these old eyes just can't find them. Help

That's easy, unless you got a short shot they're on the chrome tree to the left of the upper front suspension. See the attached photo.

-Steve

post-413-0-00207500-1399209820_thumb.jpg

It's been on display off and on over the years at The Petersen, but I've never seen it opened up. I'll have to get over there and check out that Mustang show.

There's pictures of it on display at the Petersen for the Mustang exhibit, but it is not opened up. The car was put on display with a flat tire, though.

Brett thanks for the complement on my photo collection. I also have a collection of the Red the car just follow the link. If your into wasting time and drinking coffee bookmark the site and poke around lots of drag racing stuff. I hadn't updated it in a long time because of fotki problems but now that that looks it's fixed I'm going to start updating it again.

Brett thanks for the complement on my photo collection. I also have a collection of the Red the car just follow the link. If your into wasting time and drinking coffee bookmark the site and poke around lots of drag racing stuff. I hadn't updated it in a long time because of fotki problems but now that that looks it's fixed I'm going to start updating it again.

Hi Vince, I didn't realize you were a member here or I would have given you a shout-out. Your Fotki page is great, I dig though it quite often!

Depends on how much of a stickler you want to be for accuracy. Most will say it's accurate enough, and there's nothing wrong with that. If you do start with an amt body you will need the gt and the gt350. Ohio's car had std tail lights with the gt350 spoiler and caps.The headlight buckets were also std mustang. Or find a resin body. Mine was done by Fremont racing,no longer in buisiness but I'm sure there's bodies out there. Also I think comp resins does one now although I do not know how accurate or if it was even based off mine. Also I believe theirs is one piece.

Do you plan on repopping the body?

Edited by 250 Testa Rossa