Model Cars Magazine Forum

amt california hauler

AMT's w model kenworth had them but i'm not sure if the coe kenworth has them . Or go to a cheap store and see whats available in the womans section and see what belts they have . Some of the womans belts have studs on them that look like moon caps , i also remember that the hubs on the early pete is'nt flat so you will have to cut or file them flat to stick the caps on .

Yes the KW K123 for sure has baby moons as well as regular drive hubs, same as the W925 kits.

I have bought a couple of sets of machined aluminum baby moon caps for trucks but I don't recall where...it could have been Saurkrauts.

The baby moons in the Kenworth kits are alittle to large for the hubs on the Peterbilt kits. Would have to switch out the hubs also. The studded belt idea , or searching a craft store , might be a better option then buying another KW kit just for the hubs.

Thanks,

Chris

The baby moons in the Kenworth kits are alittle to large for the hubs on the Peterbilt kits. Would have to switch out the hubs also. The studded belt idea , or searching a craft store , might be a better option then buying another KW kit just for the hubs.

Thanks,

Chris

I buy nickel plated thumb tacks from the hardware store and snip off the tack part. They work pretty good.

Great news regarding the reissue of this kit - Can someone please confirm for me that this re-issue

will have the small day cab window, and not the altered larger window for the sleeper ?

Couldn't tell from the test shots which window it is 100%.

Great news regarding the reissue of this kit - Can someone please confirm for me that this re-issue

will have the small day cab window, and not the altered larger window for the sleeper ?

Couldn't tell from the test shots which window it is 100%.

Felix.. I presume you are talking about the backlight/back of cab wall window ....I just checked the new kit against my original issue T500 kit....the cab back windows appear to the be same, or if not the same, very, very close to the original. If you haven't already done so, you can check out my photos of the kit contents (not a test shot) and commentary here... http://public.fotki.com/funman1712/first-look-at-all-n/new-amt-t500-califo/

Best regards...TIM

Edited by tim boyd

Thanks Tim,

I thought so but just wanted confirmation before I ordered 2 cases !! Lots of building to do in the next 6 years !

Two cases....yikes!!!! Can't you buy just one box and verify the window size before you buy two cases worth??? What if I make a mistake??? (smile) TB

Best thing I have found to replicate baby moon hubcaps on trucks are chrome furniture nails,pretty much just like the real thing,just nip off the nail part and epoxy in place! I got mine at the local Lowes...........................Mark

Just got one today- I'm already messing with the idea of doing it as a 351 Michigan Special the way Tim A. did with one of his.

You could name it the "Michigan Mauler" :lol: