Model Cars Magazine Forum

1971 duster by AMT.

sak

20140329_162151_zps9b4b9f8e.jpg

Newest project. Nothing to show. Only found some chrysler rally wheels and had to modify them to fit the smaller tires. Drilled out the holes in the hubcaps as well.

Edited by sak

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Mopar-D. Nothing special. Stock with Chrysler rally wheels and hubcaps. Going to add some chrome to the engine and basicly thats it. Color is going to be that modelmaster "bronze" color. Not sure about interior. Maybe a light brown or beige? Also it will be a hardtop.

Only unusual thing might be the color. I hate decals and those wacky early seventies chrysler colors and thats the way 97% of them are built. BTW.. a little assistance I might need. Does anybody keep in touch with anybody from "bandit resin"? Looking for a non "sharktooth" grille. He includes one in the resin scamp model. Hopefully he would sell me a grille.

Looking for a non "sharktooth" grille. He includes one in the resin scamp model. Hopefully he would sell me a grille.

PM me an address. I have several and I doubt I'll use them all . I got mine from Wendal Sowers out of Nashville ( now RedSoxfan)

And I am not sure if he got the grille mold or not .

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Only unusual thing might be the color. I hate decals and those wacky early seventies chrysler colors and thats the way 97% of them are built......

WHAT??? whacky seventies Chrysler colors my eye. they were in the forefront of putting colors never before seen on cars. I heard they came from the dancers outfits on the "upbeat" show in the late 60's..... joking, this is going to be a neat build. you have a great start. and there were dusters that came from the factory without stripes, you can delete them if you want and it wouldn't be wrong.